Help me determine hair colors in a picture

famus_darlingfamus_darling Registered Users Posts: 85
I am going to get nubian twists for the first time and I need to order hair, but I want some opinions on the colors from this picture. I am no good at determining if something is a 4, a 30, ect.

Can you look at the picture and let me know what numbers/ colors you think are in the ladies hair.

Thank you so much!

http://www.africanrootsbraiding.com/beninese%20twsit.htm

FAMU's Darling (no wonderful tag like all my natural sisters, yet)
Me: 3c, very thick
BC- May 2010
Current routine:
pre poo: avacado, banana babyfood, grapeseed oil, and silk amino acid. Cleanser: DC No Poo 1x a week and BC 1x a week. DT: GVP Cond balm and grape seed oil
Co-wash: GVP CD, TJ tea tree
Leave-in: GVP CD, TJ tea tree, and grape seed oil
Styling: HETT and castor oil
DD (8 & 6 yo): both4s (1 thick, 2 thin) – keep in 2strand twists
DD (4yo): 3b (very thin, hard to grow) – keep in single braids with lots of beads for protection

Comments

• CurlyToastCurlyToast Registered Users Posts: 579
    If the numbers you're talking about are the ones I'm thinking about, they only signify the level of the color and are not a standardized representation of a specific color. The lower the number, the darker the color.

I may be misunderstanding you, but if you're ordering hair and not coloring what's already on your head I'd assume you needn't worry about the level, per so, so much as what colors you like / want.
  • famus_darlingfamus_darling Registered Users Posts: 85
    Yes, I am ordering hair, but I'm using E-on, so I can't get the hair here locally and was ordering online. It is a little difficult to match colors based on a picture.

Thanks for the reply.
    Me: 3c, very thick
    BC- May 2010
    Current routine:
    pre poo: avacado, banana babyfood, grapeseed oil, and silk amino acid. Cleanser: DC No Poo 1x a week and BC 1x a week. DT: GVP Cond balm and grape seed oil
    Co-wash: GVP CD, TJ tea tree
    Leave-in: GVP CD, TJ tea tree, and grape seed oil
    Styling: HETT and castor oil
    DD (8 & 6 yo): both4s (1 thick, 2 thin) – keep in 2strand twists
    DD (4yo): 3b (very thin, hard to grow) – keep in single braids with lots of beads for protection
  • CurlyToastCurlyToast Registered Users Posts: 579
    Oh! Gotcha :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file