philosophy the supernatural?

spacedcowgirlspacedcowgirl Posts: 111Registered Users
Anyone use this product? How does it compare to bareMinerals? My friend raved about it, but it's expensive and I would have to go somewhere inconvenient to get it. The sponge applicator sounds very handy.

Oh, and how long does it last? I just looked it up and it's $35.00 (!!) If it goes fast I'm not sure I could justify that.

Any thoughts/reviews?
2b/2c/3a
Back on CG (OK, I'm a little indecisive).
pw: curls
Currently using: Whole Foods 365 Herbal Mint Conditioner (co-wash), MOP Mixed Greens Conditioner, Paul Mitchell Lite Detangler, CK, ISO Bouncy Creme. Gave up on plopping due to tangles/"stickiness" and now I just comb through products and diffuse. It looks basically as good and dries a lot faster (I wasn't getting good clumps from plopping anyway). Still wish I were a lot curlier!

Comments

• lazykerrilazykerri Posts: 650Registered Users
    Well I used it for a long time (years) and really liked it. It's the only mineral makeup that's worked for me so far. They ran out of stock at some point though and I didn't have it for two months! Now that I have it again, it hasn't been working quite as well for some reason. Perhaps it's the cold weather, it may work better in summer. I also used to use it with Almay finishing powder (talc-based), and I think that helped with my oily skin. I have sensitive skin and rosacea so it's rare to find something that doesn't bother me and doesn't make me break out.

It lasts me a month or two I would say. I use a lot at a time to cover up red spots. I don't use the sponge applicator (could never get that to work). I use a small kabuki brush. I would use a larger brush though if I had one :) I haven't tried Bare Minerals yet, so can't help you there. HTH :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Always naturally lazy and curly! ~

Photo album password: curly
    Blog: lazykerri.wordpress.com
    Curl Type: 3a Fii
    Current Favorites:
    • Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner
    • Jessicurl Confident Coils
    • Rockin Ringlets, and
    • Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel
  • spacedcowgirlspacedcowgirl Posts: 111Registered Users
    Thanks! That does help. Can you elaborate on what isn't working so well now? And do you find it dries out your skin at all?

Thanks again. :D
    2b/2c/3a
    Currently using: Whole Foods 365 Herbal Mint Conditioner (co-wash), MOP Mixed Greens Conditioner, Paul Mitchell Lite Detangler, CK, ISO Bouncy Creme. Gave up on plopping due to tangles/"stickiness" and now I just comb through products and diffuse. It looks basically as good and dries a lot faster (I wasn't getting good clumps from plopping anyway). Still wish I were a lot curlier!
  • lazykerrilazykerri Posts: 650Registered Users
    It doesn't dry out my skin, but it's on the oily side for the most part. The oil will break through in the afternoon (for instance, at work). It starts to look like the powder is sinking into my pores and just doesn't look good. I think that's what the finishing powder was preventing. I should probably freshen it after lunch anyway.

I am also noticing that compared to what I was using (Loreal True Match liquid makeup) it is more noticeable that I'm wearing makeup. However, the True Match wasn't doing as good of a job at covering the redness and hiding blemishes. So it ended up being a more natural look but not working as well as a concealer.

I think my skin may be drier in the winter, which may also explain why the powder isn't working as well. Today I actually wore both the liquid and mineral makeup. Sort of defeats the purpose. It still needed re-applying in the afternoon. I must get that finishing powder again!

BTW, the one I use is The Supernatural Mineral Makeup, NOT the supernatural airbrushed canvas. I use the warm 2 shade, even though my skin color is what I would call medium to light. I tried warm 1 and it was too light. I think the airbrushed canvas version is less concealing, but if you don't have a lot to conceal (lucky you!) it may be more natural looking. HTH :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Always naturally lazy and curly! ~

Photo album password: curly
    Blog: lazykerri.wordpress.com
    Curl Type: 3a Fii
    Current Favorites:
    • Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner
    • Jessicurl Confident Coils
    • Rockin Ringlets, and
    • Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel
  • spacedcowgirlspacedcowgirl Posts: 111Registered Users
    Regrettably, I have a great deal to conceal... :?

I didn't know there were 2 kinds. I'm sure the one my friend was recommending was the airbrushed canvas. That's good to know if I do look for it in the store.

Thanks again!
    2b/2c/3a
  • DevilCurlDevilCurl Posts: 40Registered Users
    Has anyone tried the Philosophy Kiss Me Very Emollient Lip Balm? It looks so cute in it's little tube!
    3c/3b
  • pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've been using the Philosophy Airbrushed Canvas in Natural this week and I love it. It is applied so easily and the coverage is great. My husband said it doesn't even look like I'm wearing makeup but you can't see my flaws either.
  • pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    After using this a little longer, I decided I do not like it. There isn't enough coverage. I've gone back to Benefit's Playstick Foundation and Get Even powder.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file