Homemade face oil help?

Curls-n-BrooklynCurls-n-Brooklyn Posts: 4Registered Users
So I ordered some camellia oil and also some rosehip oil and I'm thinking of mixing it with an essential oil, but I can't decide which is best. I won't be washing it off, so it has to be something mild and non-irritating. I'm considering carrot seed oil (not to be confused with carrot oil), or sweet neroli... Any suggestions on e.o's I can use, or other carrier oils to add?

Comments

• CeriCeri Posts: 142Registered Users
    Since I don't know what type of skin you have, this website has an amazing list of which EOs work best for every skin type and condition. They also have lists of which carrier oils work best as well.

www.naturesgift.com/essentialoil-skincare.htm

Good luck and have fun;)
    3a/3b Medium Texture & Normal Porosity
    Modified CG since November 2009
    Low Poo - (Once in a while) True Polaris Solid Shampoo Bar
    CO-wash/Condish - (I'm lazy, one step only!) True Polaris Solid Conditioner Bars
    Styling - True Polaris Truly Curly Styling Gel I add 'cones in summer Truly Frizz Free Hair Serum
    I plop and defuse daily

c_band2.gif I love MUSE
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Grapeseed or jojoba
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't really have any advice/recommendations for you, but this may help.
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I would not use any sort of essential oil on my facial blend...skin is so sensitive.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,709Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I'm not sure why you want to add an essential oil. And I agree with suburban, they can be harsh.
    Straight jojoba is my favorite face oil.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • ReekyReeky Posts: 1,323Registered Users
    My skin dosent like jojoba oil for some reason, i tried grapeseed & evoo for a minute too but didnt like that either. Lately ive been using Sweet Almond Oil and i think this is it.. the texture is just right.

Instead of using essential oils i think its best to infuse the oil with herbs. I just ordered some Lavender, Chamomile & Calendula.. i got this idea from Empressri's recipe. Im also going to add rosehips to mine.

I was thinking about mixing the Sweet Almond oil with Evening Primrose oil but idk yet, dont want to do TOO much and irritate my skin.
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file