Hair One-Hair Dry??

Hello all-
I have lightly wavey hair which is pretty thick and prone to frizz. My 13yo daughter has super thick long curly hair. Her hair is cork-screw curly at the crowne and is very wavey towards the front. She battles frizz no matter what she does.
So-after a lot of reading on the subject I have decided to try the Hair One products for both of us. She has been using just Aussie Moist conditioner and then only shampooing maybe once per week or two. She uses gel, mousse and hairspray daily. I have been using various shampoo/cond combos.
I have the Tea Tree Hair One for her and also purchased Alcohol Free gel and hairspray. We will see how her hair does today.
For my hair, I got the Jojoba Hair One since I have a temp color on my hair. After using the Hair One product, my hair felt reasonably soft and clean when still damp ( I air dry my air) but now that it is completely dry, it feels dry and completely unconditioned on the ends and looks a bit frizzy.
My question is: Do you think I need an additional conditioner or some *Sleek N Shine on the ends? (*like Paul Mitchel Super Skinny Serum) Or Is this a natural reaction for the first time-should I keep using just the Hair One for a few more times to see if it gets better? Or Did I not use enough? LOL Or should I condition it with something else and just use the Hair One weekly? ( I typically have washed my hair every other day because it gets oily at the scalp otherwise)

I know that is a lot of info/questions...but I am hoping for some feedback, I have been battling splint ends even with frequent trimming and I am really trying to get my hair healthy to grow it out-as for my daughter, she is miserable constantly fighting crazy frizzy hair.

Comments

• pearl89pearl89 Posts: 185Registered Users
    When I co-washed with Hair One, my hair felt great from the very first application, much better then with any other conditioner.

However, my hair needs a lot of moisture so I still added some Hair One for leave in and then my styling products. Which includes Biotera curl creme which I feel is pretty moisturizeing.

Did you apply enough? Did you follow the directions? When I co-wash I always try to work the conditoner into the hair. I basically follow the video instructions for Wen on the Chaz Dean site. I also left the Hair One on for about 20 mins each time before rinseing
    3b/3c. S curls with coils at the end. Normol porosity. Medium texture, super elastic... Barely SL, hoping to go BSL.

Water wash
    RO: Garnier Triple Nutrition.
    Leave in: Suave naturals coconut
    Styling products: Biotera curling cream with a few drops of honey.
    DT: I'm experimenting.

I <3 satin XD
  • WvyMomOFKrlyGrlWvyMomOFKrlyGrl Posts: 3Registered Users
    I did follow the directions, but I am thinking that I maybe needed more product. My hair actually feels okay, except the ends feel dry. I am torn between using the Hair One again alone today, or using it with a little bit of regular conditioner on the ends and then maybe my Paul Mitchel leave-in conditioning spray. I didnt use anything else when I used the Hair One the first time because I wanted to see what it would do on it's own. After watching the Wen info-mercial last night, I realized that those women are using some other products along with the Wen. I am thinking that maybe the VO5 sheer hairdressing could be a good addition too. I havent used it in years but it was always very nice.
  • pearl89pearl89 Posts: 185Registered Users
    I did follow the directions, but I am thinking that I maybe needed more product. My hair actually feels okay, except the ends feel dry. I am torn between using the Hair One again alone today, or using it with a little bit of regular conditioner on the ends and then maybe my Paul Mitchel leave-in conditioning spray. I didnt use anything else when I used the Hair One the first time because I wanted to see what it would do on it's own. After watching the Wen info-mercial last night, I realized that those women are using some other products along with the Wen. I am thinking that maybe the VO5 sheer hairdressing could be a good addition too. I havent used it in years but it was always very nice.

A lot of ladies on here use oil to "seal" their hair and keep it moist. You might consider using olive oil, coconut oil, or another oil on your ends. Also, when my ends were split and very damaged NOTHING I did helped. If you try more product, DTs, PTs, and oil to seal your ends and your ends still feel dry, it might be time for a trim.

P.S: I have never had "good" hair days by co-washing alone. I think its partly because I am still pretty new to natural hair care do its still recovering from neglect, and partly because some people just cant get away with just co washing. So dont be afraid to use leave-ins and styling products to get your hair to look and feel better, thats what they are for!!
    3b/3c. S curls with coils at the end. Normol porosity. Medium texture, super elastic... Barely SL, hoping to go BSL.

Water wash
    RO: Garnier Triple Nutrition.
    Leave in: Suave naturals coconut
    Styling products: Biotera curling cream with a few drops of honey.
    DT: I'm experimenting.

I <3 satin XD
  • AfroPRChicaAfroPRChica Posts: 200Registered Users
    I use the olive oil hair one because I have very dry hair. What I do is I use the hairone to clean my hair, and then I rinse it, and then put on a reg. conditioner for 3-5 min, then i rinse. The hair one is not enough to condition my hair, I just use it as a replacement for shampoo. Maybe you should try a reg. conditioner afterwards.
    -Mostly 3C with some 4A.
    -Currently APL.
    -Shorterm Goal: BSL by end of the year.
    -Longterm Goal: WL in 2 years.
    -Medium/coarse hair, Low Porosity, Low-Elasticity, Medium Density.

Rotation:

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Cond. (any)
    Rinse Out: Tresemee Naturals Moisture
    DC: GVP Cond. Balm, SM DC, & EVOO
    Leave in: SM Conditioning Milk
    Sealant: EVOO Or Whipped Shea
    Gel: SM Curl Souffle

Afro-Latinas...visit my blog!:

http://afrolatinaisbeautiful.blogspot.com/
  • pryasierrapryasierra Posts: 1Registered Users
    Hello all-
    I have lightly wavey hair which is pretty thick and prone to frizz. My 13yo daughter has super thick long curly hair. Her hair is cork-screw curly at the crowne and is very wavey towards the front. She battles frizz no matter what she does.
    So-after a lot of reading on the subject I have decided to try the Hair One products for both of us. She has been using just Aussie Moist conditioner and then only shampooing maybe once per week or two. She uses gel, mousse and hairspray daily. I have been using various shampoo/cond combos.
    I have the Tea Tree Hair One for her and also purchased Alcohol Free gel and hairspray. We will see how her hair does today.
    For my hair, I got the Jojoba Hair One since I have a temp color on my hair. After using the Hair One product, my hair felt reasonably soft and clean when still damp ( I air dry my air) but now that it is completely dry, it feels dry and completely unconditioned on the ends and looks a bit frizzy.
    My question is: Do you think I need an additional conditioner or some *Sleek N Shine on the ends? (*like Paul Mitchel Super Skinny Serum) Or Is this a natural reaction for the first time-should I keep using just the Hair One for a few more times to see if it gets better? Or Did I not use enough? LOL Or should I condition it with something else and just use the Hair One weekly? ( I typically have washed my hair every other day because it gets oily at the scalp otherwise)

I know that is a lot of info/questions...but I am hoping for some feedback, I have been battling splint ends even with frequent trimming and I am really trying to get my hair healthy to grow it out-as for my daughter, she is miserable constantly fighting crazy frizzy hair.
    I've been using Hair One Cucumber Aloe Cleansing Conditioner for about three months. It’s the best thing I have ever used on my hair. My hair is very curly and thick, it frizzes easily. When using this product I comb (with a shampoo brush) my hair through before wetting (it can be difficult sometimes). Then I wet my hair (in the shower) and put like about 25 pumps of hair one in and comb through again. I let the product stay in my hair until I've finish everything else (wash up, shave, etc). I comb again while rinsing, that’s it I don’t put my hands in it at all as the shampoo brush literally brushed the dirt from your hair from the scalp to the ends. After the shower, with all the product rinsed out, I ring the extra water out of my hair and put about 10 pumps of product back in and comb again. I usually style by grabbing chucks of hair and twirling it around my finger. That’s is that’s all. My hair never frizzes or dries. The problem with frizzing is that most people mess up the natural flow of the curls by putting their hands in it to style. Don't crunch, pick them apart and don’t use too many products as it weighs the hair down. Hope that helps.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file