So when does the wisdom kick in?

wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Just wondering..... Having one of those weeks where I feel like -- ok, I still have ALL the same weaknesses, keep wrestling the SAME demons, keep trying to learn the SAME lessons, over, and over and over.....

I know I'm learning and developing -- at least in my head I know it. But sometimes I'm just not feelin' it. Can anybody relate?

Wurly and proud!
Modified CG since 2008.

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes. I think the vaunted wisdom of experience best applies to others' decisions, and to ourselves, retroactively.

None of this is in the manual, btw.
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm hoping soon. I feel like I have a ways to go. I'm doing things now that 35-year olds are doing, you know? And I haven't done things that 30 year olds have done.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Just wondering..... Having one of those weeks where I feel like -- ok, I still have ALL the same weaknesses, keep wrestling the SAME demons, keep trying to learn the SAME lessons, over, and over and over.....

I know I'm learning and developing -- at least in my head I know it. But sometimes I'm just not feelin' it. Can anybody relate?

See, to me you do sound wise! At any rate, you're able to recognize what you're doing. That's more than a lot of people are capable of - or able to admit.

I find myself just more comfortable with things. I'm more accepting and less expectant. I don't know if it's a factor of age, or of a steady yoga practice or, more likely, a combination of both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    My wisdom started tapping me on the shoulder at 40... At 41 it introduced itself to me personally. The past 7 years have been the happiest of me from an internal perspective. I will be 48 next month and its STILL getting better!!:toothy10:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    2poodles wrote: »
    I'm more accepting and less expectant.
    This is the way I feel. I don't feel any wisdom creeping in yet, but I do feel much more accepting and less judgmental of others.
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,485Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    VTmom wrote: »
    2poodles wrote: »
    I'm more accepting and less expectant.
    This is the way I feel. I don't feel any wisdom creeping in yet, but I do feel much more accepting and less judgmental of others.

Sounds wise to me!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Posts: 714Registered Users
    I've always been one of those kids "wise beyond my years"... whatever that meant. But, now that I think about it, I've always tried to apply the good things I've learned and (though I don't have kids of my own), I've been able to help younger ones do the same.

One thing that's hard to change.... I used to be a lazy kid, now I'm a lazy old lady! :sad3:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    KurleeEdna wrote: »
    I've always been one of those kids "wise beyond my years"... whatever that meant. But, now that I think about it, I've always tried to apply the good things I've learned and (though I don't have kids of my own), I've been able to help younger ones do the same.

One thing that's hard to change.... I used to be a lazy kid, now I'm a lazy old lady! :sad3:

Classic - LOVE IT!:hello1:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    And you OWN your laziness! See, now, that I love. Thanks for the inspiration! From all of you.

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file