Hi! (Another one with hair-growing trouble)

AjíAjí Registered Users Posts: 6
I'm pretty much at the end of my rope... So I decided to do what I always do when all else fails-- ask the internet.

My hair has never grown past shoulder length... which is a problem with my texture, since, in general, my hair resembles a triangle (Especially today, not having had time to put in any products after showering). I'd love BSL hair... but at this point any progress would be nice.

Back in late 2007 I cut my hair down to about 2 inches (getting rid of dreadlocks, haha). Between then and about mid 2009 it seemed to be growing rather quickly, even though I was using weaves for about a year... But it stopped around shoulder length.

I'm not sure what's causing it, whether it's breakage or pure lack of growth, but I'm sure that, not knowing what I am doing, I could do something to improve it.

Also, I comb my hair of tangles when it's wet and being conditioned-- Is that good or bad? I've tried combing it dry but it feels like it almost breaks more.

Any and all tips are welcome <3
3a, 3b, 3c hair // medium texture, with coarse & fine parts // medium porosity?? Can't really tell! D:

Variety, woohoo!

Comments

• MissConstruedMissConstrued Registered Users Posts: 323
    Drink tons of water and take vitamins. I've noticed that vitamins really makes the difference. If you google Borgello Vitamin regimen it should tell you what is best (Evening Primerose, Multivitamin, MSM, Silica, Flaxseed oil, and Biotin). Incorporating calcium and protein in your diet will also help. Also, I had been getting pretty good results with my Pepperment oil/Rosemary oil mix before I cut my hair off again.
    "The one unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain or unchangeable."

Hair type: 3C
    I am a serial cutter :help:
  • MissConstruedMissConstrued Registered Users Posts: 323
    "The one unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain or unchangeable."

Hair type: 3C
    I am a serial cutter :help:
  • kirlegirlekirlegirle Registered Users Posts: 11
    That's very true about making sure you put good things in your body; it does affect your hair. For me, I noticed that my hair grows in seasons. During the summer is when I'll have a growth spurt, so my hair stylist always trims my ends and gives me a good deep conditioning in the spring. Have you noticed when you hair grows? Besides, I think the growth that you've obtained and the time frame are pretty good.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file