Question re:clarifying shampoo

JennaJenna Registered Users Posts: 3
I, Im new and have a question. I plan on starting CG tomorrow and bought Neutrogena Shampoo anti-residue formula. Is this ok. It says its the Anti-residue shampoo and is clear.

Here are the ingredients:

Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Fragrance.

Does this sound ok to get me off and running? Thanks.

Comments

• LadyCurlyLocksLadyCurlyLocks Registered Users Posts: 341
    Looks good. Good luck going CG! What products are you planning on starting out with? Just curious.
    3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.
  • JennaJenna Registered Users Posts: 3
    I bought Suave Naturals ocean breeze for my conditioner (love the smell) and Dove Define and shine gel. I also ordered the book curly girl and I'm eagerly waiting for its arrival from amazon. I can't believe the money Im already saving just with the conditioner and gel alone! I have killed my hair with more "cones" and from straightening it with a flat iron- EEK! Hoping to get my pretty curls I used to have back.... :D
  • lazykerrilazykerri Registered Users Posts: 650
    Jenna wrote:
    I, Im new and have a question. I plan on starting CG tomorrow and bought Neutrogena Shampoo anti-residue formula. Is this ok. It says its the Anti-residue shampoo and is clear.

Here are the ingredients:

Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide DEA, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Fragrance.

Does this sound ok to get me off and running? Thanks.

The ALS (Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate) is a harsh sulfate and could be drying. However, if you're using it to clarify before moving on to using no-sulfate or low-sulfate shampoos or conditioner only washes, it sounds good. Hope that helps :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Always naturally lazy and curly! ~

Photo album password: curly
    Blog: lazykerri.wordpress.com
    Curl Type: 3a Fii
    Current Favorites:
    • Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner
    • Jessicurl Confident Coils
    • Rockin Ringlets, and
    • Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list