L'oreal Color Pulse

SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
Has anyone ever used this before?

I'm really bored with my hair color, and I think it'd be fun to go a different color for at least a few days. I'm too chicken to actually dye my hair with a permanent color, so I thought this might be a good solution.

The only problem I can think of is that my mom's hair tends to react to certain shades, and goes more red-purple than expected. So, I'm thinking this might happen to me.

Anyway - if you have used this, did you find that it damaged your hair at all? Did your hair turn out the way you thought it would? (I know that everyone is different, but I'm just wondering) Anything you'd like to warn me about?

Also, this is the only temporary hair dye that I can think of. So, I'm just going by what I know. If you know of any others that you found successful, please let me know. :)

Thanks!

Sarah

"And death is at your doorstep
And it will steal your innocence
But it will not steal your substance
But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey

Comments

• sassette726sassette726 Posts: 694Registered Users
    I tried this a while back – I wanted to do sort of a layered color look, so I got the deep plum color and only used it on my bottom layers of hair. I had to do it twice to really make the color at all noticeable. At first it just looked like my hair was a little redder at the bottom. Mostly, it worked pretty well.

BUT! It definitely did not completely wash out in 8-10 washings like it was supposed to. I still had lightly purple-tinted hair months later. I didn't mind much because it was only the underneath and I didn't mind the tint anyway, but I think if I'd used the black like I originally planned it would have looked pretty awful once it faded but didn't wash out.

So except for not washing out, it did what it claimed to do. It was way messy (make sure to use a towel you don't mind staining), but it worked pretty well.

Hope that helps! :)
    2b copper penny red
    "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats."

CURRENTLY USING:
    Renpure Moisturizing Shampoo, Body Shop Banana Conditioner, Ouidad Tress Effects GelMy fashion blog:
    http://a-la-mode-2010.blogspot.com/
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    Thanks, Sassette!

That did help, I'll have to make sure I don't do any crazy colors that I wouldn't want to be stuck with for too long! :)

Sarah

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file