VO5 Conditioners

curlyfrancurlyfran Registered Users Posts: 25
I have been using the VO5 tangerine tickle since I started the CG routine but couldn't find it at any of the stores I tried. I bought the kiwi/lime and just noticed on the label that it is a clarifying conditioner and am concerned that it will not work the same as the tangerine.

Comments

• HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Registered Users Posts: 907
    I would only recommend that one for washing and/or clarifying as it tends to dry the hair. I was looking the other day at some VO5s and I think the Strawberry or Raspberry Cream and maybe the Moisture Milk line were OK because they contain some kind of oil, which is essential for good results over the long run.
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)
  • curlybrunette5curlybrunette5 Registered Users Posts: 264
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who has a hard time finding VO5 stuff. I've had the same problem not being able to find a certain product consistantly, it's like once a store is out of it, they don't get anymore in for a long time. The kiwi lime stuff is more drying. I haven't tried it personally as I cannot find it anywhere in my area, but I do know some girls like it for co-washing. If you need something more moisturizing, I recommend the Moisture Milks line as well. I think there's a tangerine scented one in there too. The Silky Experiences line is also good. Hope this helps!
    3a on top and sides/3b underneath...lots of hair

My HG: Sabino Lok & Blok
  • sassette726sassette726 Registered Users Posts: 694
    VO5 discontinued a bunch of its products recently – I think the Tangerine Tickle was one of them. :(
    2b copper penny red
    "While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats."

CURRENTLY USING:
    Renpure Moisturizing Shampoo, Body Shop Banana Conditioner, Ouidad Tress Effects GelMy fashion blog:
    http://a-la-mode-2010.blogspot.com/
  • curlyfrancurlyfran Registered Users Posts: 25
    I found the raspberry cream so will try it but thank you for the other suggestions. I will put them on my list of others to try because who knows what I'll be able to find next time.
  • CelticCurlsCelticCurls Registered Users Posts: 558
    laurabeth reviewed the V05 strawberry/cream & said it was pretty moisturizing. For the 2 years I did full CG I really liked the V05 Kiwi and used it as my CO wash the whole time.
    3B, bra-strap length
    laidback, very-modified CGer
    HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio
  • heavengirl410heavengirl410 Registered Users Posts: 821
    at Big Lots I saw the tangerine Vo5, a peach one, a mango, a honeydew melon scent, If you have one of these stores then maybe you can check and see if you can find it, I really like Vo5 condtioners, so I understand your dilema HTH

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file