Goody's spin pins are AMAZING!

NYCurlyGirlyNYCurlyGirly Registered Users Posts: 1,012
I am in love. I saw the commercial for these and wanted to see if they really worked. They basically replace 20 bobby pins and it ACTUALLY held all of my hair up!! :blob5: I didn't get a chance to take any pics of my updo, but I highly recommend these for any hair type! :toothy5:
"Yo, James, i'm really happy for you, i'm gonna let you finish killing Bella in a minute, but Demetri was one of the best Trackers of ALL time!"

www.myspace.com/mimichica

Comments

• M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    good to know! I saw these the other day at Target and debated getting them.
    :rambo:
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I might try them for my daughter. She needs neat buns for ballet class several times a week, and she's always complaining that the hairpins hurt. I've got it down to 4 hairpins and a hairnet, but if I can get it down to 2 spin pins and a hairnet, that would be great.
  • lauraloolauraloo Registered Users Posts: 2,121
    No! You're making me jealous! I was just looking for these online because I've been scouring stores around my area and can't find any blonde colored ones anywhere.

I can't wait to try these, and I keep running into reviews of them that say they're awesome. I'm going to the beach later this month and would love to take these with me to make easy buns with my beach hair.

Jealous. Someone post pics of their messy buns!
    Not all who wander are lost.

Fine and thin 3a. PW: curls
  • curlygirlymecurlygirlyme Registered Users Posts: 1,340
    I bought these too and one of the other kind they are all really god and don't hurt which is big for me because usually the pins that are big enough to hold me hair in place really hurt.
  • medussamedussa Registered Users Posts: 12,993
    At first glance, they look like they would need to be cut out of my 3C hair, but after watching this video, I get the concept. I put my hair in buns all the time, so I'm interested in trying this.

Thanks for the rec.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Registered Users Posts: 4,938 Curl Connoisseur
    I picked these up at Target a few weeks ago. They hold all my hair up work really well, but I love them for my daughter. She has slippery hair to her waist (mid back when dry). It is forever escaping whatever I put it in. These hold it ALL up and don't tangle.
  • spring1onuspring1onu Registered Users Posts: 16,528 Curl Connoisseur
    medussa wrote: »
    At first glance, they look like they would need to be cut out of my 3C hair, but after watching this video, I get the concept. I put my hair in buns all the time, so I'm interested in trying this.

Thanks for the rec.

This has nothing to do with anything, but I really wanted to take some scissors to her bangs.

Ok, back on track. Those look really neat! I'll have to look for them and see if I can make them work. I'm soooo inept at doing anything to my hair. :lol:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • goldilocks777goldilocks777 Registered Users Posts: 1,020
    My hair is (sadly) too heavy for these - they don't actually hold the bun up... I usually resort to long hairpins instead. I would think they'd work really well, though, if your hair was not quite as heavy - they really do grip well and stay in place.
    Just got back from a Target run. They don't have them. :(
  • ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    lauraloo wrote: »
    No! You're making me jealous! I was just looking for these online because I've been scouring stores around my area and can't find any blonde colored ones anywhere.

I can't wait to try these, and I keep running into reviews of them that say they're awesome. I'm going to the beach later this month and would love to take these with me to make easy buns with my beach hair.

guano:

I love your avatar, LL!

end guano.
    ninja dog wrote: »
    lauraloo wrote: »

guano:

I love your avatar, LL!

end guano.

Heh, thanks! I am the queen of weird faces and rarely have normal-looking photos of myself. I've embraced it. :cyclops:

I've always liked your sig puppy. I love his/her wrinkly lips and the "crazy eyes" that look like when my cats are about to have crazy fives.

• wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    I thought they'd shred my 3bc hair but they work really well. I was surprised. I took a picture of my bun with my phone - it's not that clear but I can tell you my hair is secure. I like how you have to turn the pin clockwise to secure it and counter-clockwise to get them out. There are no sharp edges on the pins at all

spinpin-1.jpg
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Registered Users Posts: 6,959
    I couldn't find them either. :( I tried Target and Ulta.
    Minneapolis, MN
    I just got them. They're incredibly easy to use. I just cut my hair in layers and I'm wearing it straight, so it's not a neat bun, but the pins really hold the hair. I can't wait to try it when my hair is curly.

Thanks again for the rec.
  • scrillsscrills Registered Users Posts: 6,700
    oooh, I really want to try these
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    I found them at target last night after staring at the hair pin section for about ten minutes. They hide in plain sight.

I haven't tried them yet... but I'm really excited to try them. My 2b/c hair is slippery and hard to keep in place.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
    So apparently it's a giant photo with horrible resolution. But it's my solid-if-messy bun with spin pins. They don't hurt my head, they're holding strong, they didn't take a billion hours to get it looking like it was an intentional hairstyle. Spin pins FTW.

2010-05-11%2020.35.11.jpg
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • *Marah**Marah* Registered Users Posts: 8,032 Curl Neophyte
    I am in love. I saw the commercial for these and wanted to see if they really worked. They basically replace 20 bobby pins and it ACTUALLY held all of my hair up!! :blob5: I didn't get a chance to take any pics of my updo, but I highly recommend these for any hair type! :toothy5:

A YT guru that I like to watch talked about these things. I was amazed at how easy her hair went up into the bun and held!

She said she thought they could definitely be used for curly hair! I would love to get some for my hair while working out!
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Registered Users Posts: 5,633 Curl Connoisseur
    So apparently it's a giant photo with horrible resolution. But it's my solid-if-messy bun with spin pins. They don't hurt my head, they're holding strong, they didn't take a billion hours to get it looking like it was an intentional hairstyle. Spin pins FTW.

How many spin pins did you use? It looks nice!

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
    Just the two that came in the package. One would have gotten it up there, but it's definitely more secure with the second. It's not perfection or anything, obviously, but with a little more effort (than, y'know, zero effort) it could look good and refined.
    Stolen.
  • roseannadanaroseannadana Registered Users Posts: 5,633 Curl Connoisseur
    Just the two that came in the package. One would have gotten it up there, but it's definitely more secure with the second. It's not perfection or anything, obviously, but with a little more effort (than, y'know, zero effort) it could look good and refined.

I'm just impressed that people are saying they get good firm hold with two of them. I'm going to try these!

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.
  • heart-of-dixieheart-of-dixie Registered Users Posts: 392
    What do they look like? Sounds like something that I would like.
    I finally found them! I got the last set of blonde ones at the local Walgreens.

I guess my hair is just on the cusp of too short because I haven't used these quite yet with great success. If I pulled my hair tighter over my scalp I guess it would work, but I don't like to pull too hard because it pulls out the curl and I don't like the tight feeling on my scalp.

I'm planning on continuing to grow out and I have a feeling these will come in handy in the next few months.

ETA Heart of dixie, this is what they look like:

styletips_14.jpg

• cyndicyndi Registered Users Posts: 3,341
    Those look like they would get stuck in my mop of a head. I want to try them, but I'm a little scared.
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • NYCurlyGirlyNYCurlyGirly Registered Users Posts: 1,012
    Cyndi, that's what I thought too but they are literally foolproof! You will be amazed I promise =)

Bah, I had pics, but can't get it small enough :dontknow:
    "Yo, James, i'm really happy for you, i'm gonna let you finish killing Bella in a minute, but Demetri was one of the best Trackers of ALL time!"

www.myspace.com/mimichica
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    I love the idea of these but I don't like to wear a tightly coiled bun...plus I have lots of short layers so I don't have as much hair as some of you.

Would this work at all on a loose/messy bun/puff?
    cyndi wrote: »
    Those look like they would get stuck in my mop of a head. I want to try them, but I'm a little scared.

I know they look a little intimidating, but E.v.e.r.y.t.h.I.n.g. gets caught in my hair, and these didn't, at all. They're ridiculously smooth and glided in beautifully. Give em a shot, I think you'll be pleasently surprised.
    Stolen.

I'm just impressed that people are saying they get good firm hold with two of them. I'm going to try these!

I was surprised. I can get a sloppy, doesn't-last-long bun with a pencil, but to make them last they have to be uncomfortably tight. This is a much simpler, much more comfortable way to get a bun. I'm excited to try different styles. Last night I was doing a clay mask on my face so I just rocked my messy bun, but if these can simplify hair for, say, a wedding, I'm going to be delighted.
    Stolen.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Registered Users Posts: 7,713
    So how, exactly, do they work? I watched the video someone posted earlier in this thread but I still don't get it.

You just twist them into the bun? Do they twist hair around them? And to get them out you just unscrew them?

Color me sceptical...but stopping at Target this evening. ;)
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    PartyHair wrote: »
    So how, exactly, do they work? I watched the video someone posted earlier in this thread but I still don't get it.

You just twist them into the bun? Do they twist hair around them? And to get them out you just unscrew them?

Color me sceptical...but stopping at Target this evening. ;)

Let's see if I can explain.

Grab your hair back in a ponytail, wrap it into a bun, and tuck in the ends. Take the Spin Pin and twist it clockwise into your bun (think of them like screws). You can use one or two, depending on your hair. To remove the Spin Pins, turn counter-clockwise.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file