CurlTalk

Corn pie

SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
I've got a baking dish, some corn (both regular and creamed) and I want to make corn pie to go with this huge dinner I feel like making (ham, baked macaroni and cheese, biscuits, baked chicken, cheesecake and stuffing. ooh wee I can't wait lol) I know my aunt makes it but I can't get in touch with her for the recipe. Does anybody know of a good one?

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I have a recipe for a corn casserole....it has cream style corn, rice, eggs, etc. Would this be what you're looking for? If it is, I'll dig out my recipe. smile.gif
    It's not corn pie, it's corn pudding (where I got pie from I have no idea lol) but it doesn't have rice in it but I would like that recipe too. Thanks.
    My aunt makes this recipe whenever it's her turn to do Thanksgiving--yummy and very rich. smile.gif Hope this is what you're looking for!

Sandy

Corn Pudding

2 (15 ounce) cans creamed corn
    2 (15.25 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
    5 eggs, beaten
    1 pint half-and-half cream
    1 cup heavy whipping cream
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    2 tablespoons cornmeal
    2 tablespoons white sugar
    1/4 cup butter, melted
    salt to taste
    ground black pepper to taste

1.Combine cream-style corn, regular corn, eggs, half-and-half, cream, flour, cornmeal, sugar, melted butter, salt, and pepper in a 2-1/2 to 3-quart casserole.

2.Bake at 325 to 350 degrees F (165 to 175 degrees C) for 1 hour or until set.

Frantik- That's it! Thank you so much. I promise I'll send you a plate when I'm done biggrin.gif
    Your welcome! Mmmmm, I could really use some comfort food too!

Sandy
    Just testing the system.

michelle