CurlTalk

Gjetost - anyone ever eaten it?

The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
I just bought some at Wegman's. It's a very unique flavor, like a caramel fudge but in a cheese.
montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Comments

• wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    I have - I love it! It is hard to describe...caramel-y, but with that edge that's sort of sour/bitter/cheesy. When I can get my hands on some, I like to flake off tiny pieces with a knife and just let them melt in my mouth. Mmmmm...
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users
    Ohh yummy I haven't had that in a while! Water crackers (or some cracker that doesn't have much of a strong flavor), Gjetost, and your favorite jam. :love4:
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    I didn't like it, but my dogs did.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    I didn't like it. I had it with some of those hard, tiny toast-looking crackers. Now with jam, that might work. Or who knows? Perhaps it would be better as a grilled cheese sandwich.

I wish I could send you guys the block I purchased! I don't think I'll be finishing it.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    Phoenix wrote: »
    I didn't like it. I had it with some of those hard, tiny toast-looking crackers. Now with jam, that might work. Or who knows? Perhaps it would be better as a grilled cheese sandwich.

I wish I could send you guys the block I purchased! I don't think I'll be finishing it.

I have a secret love for tiny toast. Things that go crunch, and all.;-)
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Phoenix wrote: »

I have a secret love for tiny toast. Things that go crunch, and all.;-)
    Have you ever had crackers by Mary's Gone Crackers? They're delicious!
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

No ---- where did you find them? Are they small and really crunchy?
    Yes and yes! I love them! I got them at Giant grocery store. Do you have Giant in OH? If not, I'll send you a box. They're gluten free and I believe also vegan.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.