Do I need to shampoo?

I am a seasonal cg but recently moved to a very humid climate so I intend to be a full time cg. I have been doing cowash for several weeks. My question is this: I was using a conditioner that had cones - do I need to shampoo to get them out of my hair? I've searched this website and cannot find the answer.

Comments

• LouLouLouLou Registered Users Posts: 98
    3A/B - m - ii - porous

Located in Sydney Australia:wav:
  • ShusheeShushee Registered Users Posts: 13
    ty for your response. I did read that article but what I want to know is do I need to get the cones out of my hair before I will see any improvement?
  • kasdenkasden Registered Users Posts: 1,045 Curl Connoisseur
    Yes - use a shampoo to get rid of the cones, but make sure the shampoo is cone-free.

I *think* the Suave Naturals Daily Clarifying Shampoo is cone free, but check the ingredient list to make sure.

Good luck - hope you start seeing some improvement soon!
    2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley
    ty, that's what I needed to know. However, I just happened upon a thread about clarifying wash with apple cider vinegar and baking soda and it sounds less drying than shampoo so I wonder if it will remove the cones as well as sulfate shampoo.
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    If you don't want to use shampoo, you could try the CJ Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner. It takes out a lot of ingredients, including minerals. It's very moisturizing--my hair loves it. I find baking soda very drying, it makes my hair "hard," even in small amounts.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ok, I think I found my answer here

http://www.wikihow.com/Wash-Your-Hair-Without-Shampoo

:thumbleft:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file