Marie Dean Hair Products

EssenceEssence Posts: 300Registered Users
Someone inquired about this line on Nappturality and its intriguing to say the least. They have products that re oil-less, butter-less, cone-less and protein-less. They also have sample sizes,delicious sounding scents (offered unscented too) and charge a flat rate shipping rate of $7.95. Most interesting is that Amla and Brahmi creamy hair butter....any takers?

http://mariedeanonline.com/

Comments

• MoHair09MoHair09 Posts: 92Registered Users
    I never heard of this line b4.. I went to the site and they have some interesting stuff.
    Affordable fashion jewelry & more http://www.dagoddessboutique.com/
  • MsCurlyBellaMsCurlyBella Posts: 45Registered Users
    Wow they have a lot of choices and I love variety! Thanks for sharing the link!
  • EssenceEssence Posts: 300Registered Users
    yeah they have like a trillion different things but luckily for me I only want 3 or 4 products.
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
    Nope...I'm not interested.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Nea wrote: »
    ditto
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    hippychic wrote: »
    ditto

Why? what dont you like?
    Essence wrote: »
    ditto

Why? what dont you like?
    for me
    Some of our hair products contain lanolin, lanolin oil and silicones.

also i don't see complete ingredient lists but i didn't look too hard after i read the above
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    Windflower wrote: »

Why? what dont you like?
    for me
    Some of our hair products contain lanolin, lanolin oil and silicones.

also i don't see complete ingredient lists but i didn't look too hard after i read the above

I am not interested either...and mostly it is because trying to remember their code for what ingredient is either missing or added is too much work. The ingredient code key should be on every page with the product.

Oh...hippychic, there was a complete list of ingredients a bit downward on the page of each product. First the 'key' ingredients were listed, then a description, then full list of ingredients.
    thanks windflower!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Windflower its pretty easy to understand. When you see oil-less, butter-less or pro-less its obvious whats lacking there. When cones are present it will have this symbol ll, lanolin containing products will say lanolin in the title and PLUS just means there are added extra oils and butters.

@hippychic some (only some of the Vitamin E hair butters) not all products contain lanolin. The full ingredient list is at the bottom of the page.

I figured more people would be interested because there is pretty much something for everybody.
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
    Why? what dont you like?

There's just nothing about the line that stands out to me. My haIr likes...basically everything. I don't need "cone free", or "butter free", or all that.

Plus, there's TOO MANY selections...why do you need ALL those different butters? I don't see that, from a business standpoint, if nothing else. You can't try to appeal to everyone...it's just not feasible.

I'm a "reformed' PJ...meaning that NOW, you really gotta have something that's not like what everybody else is doing, and that difference has to be of importance to me. I look at product, and if the ingredient makeup looks like what I already have, it's not gonna happen.

Like I said, cones aren't my enemy, my hair likes oils and butters, so I don't need such a specialized line. But, those with more tempermental hair may find their holy grail products. Best wishes to her, though.

I got enough shea-based butters to last me, till the twelfth of never.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I actually liked the way the products read. I really want to order the amla hair butter, apricot/coconut condtioner, herbal henna butter cream and the conditioning styling cream. Only problem for me are the prices. Those 4 items don't come in sample sizes, of course. And $12 is A LOT for 4 oz. So unless I hit the lottery, I pass.
    Why? what dont you like?

There's just nothing about the line that stands out to me. My haIr likes...basically everything. I don't need "cone free", or "butter free", or all that.

Plus, there's TOO MANY selections...why do you need ALL those different butters? I don't see that, from a business standpoint, if nothing else. You can't try to appeal to everyone...it's just not feasible.

I'm a "reformed' PJ...meaning that NOW, you really gotta have something that's not like what everybody else is doing, and that difference has to be of importance to me. I look at product, and if the ingredient makeup looks like what I already have, it's not gonna happen.

Like I said, cones aren't my enemy, my hair likes oils and butters, so I don't need such a specialized line. But, those with more tempermental hair may find their holy grail products. Best wishes to her, though.

gotcha, totally understandable.
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Why? what dont you like?

DAMN you my boo!!! you hit every nail on the head.

everything looks the same. those ingredients are nothing i haven't seen before.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm all about Mango butter right now.

The Mango Cocoa Butter Vitamin E hair butter looks good to me. So does the Mango Hair Pudding. Thanks for the link!
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    I think some of the products look interesting. Before I clicked the link I was expecting some site that just looked half-a** so the site format was nice. The price point is not the business for me and that's the major factor for me so I'll pass. Not even the sample sizes.
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
    I've sent her a couple of e-mails about products with no response so far. Red flags go up when a vendor doesn't respond in a timely fashion.
  • nuberiannenuberianne Posts: 11Registered Users
    I'm the one that posted on Nappturality. I went ahead and placed an order. They shipped very quickly. Unfortunately I didn't really care for the products. I ordered the following in sample sizes:

honeysuckle hair souffle
    honey & soy buttercream
    coconut vanilla creamy hair butter
    double whipped shea & jojoba hair butter plus
    shea hair pudding plus
    lanolin and vitamin E hair butter

free samples:
    velvety body butter
    shea & cocoa liquid leave-in conditioner

I really like the website because of it's professional appearance. Unfortunately I didn't care for the products themselves with the exception of the body butter.

All of the hair samples were horribly separated with the exception of the vitamin E hair butter and leave-in. It only took a couple of days to ship to me, and it did not set outside on my porch. I had to literally shake the jars and put them in the fridge to get them to form into a cream again. I shouldn't have to go through that. I have never seen anything like it in all my PJ days, I swear!!

Another thing I didn't like were the scents. They were scented too heavily and very sweet ranging from sugar cookies to cinnamon oatmeal cookies. I am extremely tolerant to scents, but I can't see myself walking around with those scents.

I feel bad that I'm not able to give a favorable review. I love to see small black businesses thrive. They need to go back to the lab and tighten up on their formulas.

On a positive note, I liked the free body butter sample. I think it only comes in one scent which reminded me of Warm Spirit's lemon or lemon flower scent. Maybe they are just starting and will adjust the formulas in a good way hopefully.
    nuberianne wrote: »
    I'm the one that posted on Nappturality. I went ahead and placed an order. They shipped very quickly. Unfortunately I didn't really care for the products. I ordered the following in sample sizes:

honeysuckle hair souffle
    honey & soy buttercream
    shea hair pudding plus

free samples:
    velvety body butter

I really like the website because of it's professional appearance. Unfortunately I didn't care for the products themselves with the exception of the body butter.

All of the hair samples were horribly separated with the exception of the vitamin E hair butter and leave-in. It only took a couple of days to ship to me, and it did not set outside on my porch. I had to literally shake the jars and put them in the fridge to get them to form into a cream again. I shouldn't have to go through that. I have never seen anything like it in all my PJ days, I swear!!

Another thing I didn't like were the scents. They were scented too heavily and very sweet ranging from sugar cookies to cinnamon oatmeal cookies. I am extremely tolerant to scents, but I can't see myself walking around with those scents.

I feel bad that I'm not able to give a favorable review. I love to see small black businesses thrive. They need to go back to the lab and tighten up on their formulas.

On a positive note, I liked the free body butter sample. I think it only comes in one scent which reminded me of Warm Spirit's lemon or lemon flower scent. Maybe they are just starting and will adjust the formulas in a good way hopefully.
    Did you e-mail her about the separations.
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

honeysuckle hair souffle
    honey & soy buttercream
    shea hair pudding plus

free samples:
    velvety body butter

Thanks for the review!
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
    Kathymack now has samples of this line!

nuberianne how was the leave in?
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users Curl Neophyte

honeysuckle hair souffle
    honey & soy buttercream
    shea hair pudding plus

free samples:
    velvety body butter

I'm so glad I read this review before placing an order. She is having a 25% off sale and was hoping she have a heavier (but not greasy) hair cream. Product separation and extreme scents is not what I need.
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte

honeysuckle hair souffle
    honey & soy buttercream
    shea hair pudding plus

free samples:
    velvety body butter

I'm so glad I read this review before placing an order. She is having a 25% off sale and was hoping she have a heavier (but not greasy) hair cream. Product separation and extreme scents is not what I need.

Yeah, her scents are strong. but she also offers unscented. The fact that she's having product separation issues is news to me. I would check out the main thread on this in the review section of NC.com. Kathy still orders from MD all the time, and I know that she wouldn't if there were issues like that going on.
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter

honeysuckle hair souffle
    honey & soy buttercream
    shea hair pudding plus

free samples:
    velvety body butter

Yeah, her scents are strong. but she also offers unscented. The fact that she's having product separation issues is news to me. I would check out the main thread on this in the review section of NC.com. Kathy still orders from MD all the time, and I know that she wouldn't if there were issues like that going on.

That could have been a fluke with those batches. I will check out more reviews...
    My Fotki!
    004-vi.jpg
  • LolaKinkzLolaKinkz Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    I won some stuff from them for their xmas giveaway and I've had no issues with separation.
    BC: June 16th 2010
    TYPE: 4a/b; color treated, nml-high porosity; fine w/ med density
    :love4:Product Connoisseur:love4:

OMG my hair wets when water touches it!
    www.youtube.com/user/lolakinkz
    www.facebook.com/AshleyLolaKinkz

LolaKinkz wrote: »
    I won some stuff from them for their xmas giveaway and I've had no issues with separation.

What did you get? How do you like it? :toothy7:
    My Fotki!
    004-vi.jpg
  • LolaKinkzLolaKinkz Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    LolaKinkz wrote: »

What did you get? How do you like it? :toothy7:

I got the
    mango tango hair detangler- Detangler Ha no slip at all. Its super thick, I like it better as a DC w/ heat or steamer.

3-n-1 illipe mango condish- thick, not very moisturizing, again not alot of slip.

Coconut Apricot Crème Conditioner- Protein heavy I only used once and my hair felt like crap had to dc with jessicurl wdt to get my hair out of shock lol

Coconut & Lime Repair Mask- this is ok, i wouldn't ever spend money on it, little silp, minimal moisture, wks better when I use it w/ my steamer.

Strawberry Yogurt Hair Smoothie- Really like this one, very smooth, great smell, very moisturizing, good for twist

their conditioners are super butter heavy and all of them have minimal slip IMO. I would only buy the smoothie if I were to purchase from them. I didn't have an issue with their smells but then again not many smells bother me.
    BC: June 16th 2010
    TYPE: 4a/b; color treated, nml-high porosity; fine w/ med density
    :love4:Product Connoisseur:love4:

OMG my hair wets when water touches it!
    www.youtube.com/user/lolakinkz
    www.facebook.com/AshleyLolaKinkz

Thank you for the review! If I do order, I have an idea what I will get. Thankfully the Strawberry Yogurt Hair Smoothie is one of the items on sale...
    My Fotki!
    004-vi.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file