Super glue in hair!

medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
I was opening a tube and it squirted out all over the place, including my hair. Just the ends in one section. What can I use to remove it?

Thanks.

Comments

• PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    Oh no!

My guess would be either paint thinner or Vaseline, but it's just a guess. Good luck!
    Minneapolis, MN
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Scissors?
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    nail polish remover might work.

Actually it might go away on it's own after a while. Most super glues aren't that permanent. I used to use them all the time as nail glue. I was lucky to get through the night with all my nails.
  • dreamingmusedreamingmuse Posts: 28Registered Users
    If you can stand just leaving it there, the glue should start to break up and fall out on it's own. Acetone will for sure remove superglue from stuff but I am not sure what effect it would have on your hair.
  • zmanzzzzzmanzzzz Banned Posts: 3,826Banned Users
    if you look at it will it turn to stone? ;)
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Thanks. I actually read about the acetone. But it can be pretty drying, so you have to moisturize before and after.

I just used a vent brush to gently break apart the glue. Those ends with the glue snapped off and it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Thanks again!
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Next time, point it away from you...
    it's a tip...

:D
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Probably shampoo and conditioner should be enough to break it down. Superglue tends to come off fingers due to skin oils...so perhaps the same would be true for hair?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file