No Phone Zone pledge

spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I've been hearing this a lot on the Oprah show and from the first show I saw it on I had my husband and myself promise to take this. I did have to remind him a few times to really drill home how absolutely serious this is and now the phone doesn't exist while we're driving.

Do you text/talk while driving? Please, please take the pledge to stop this senseless activity. Nothing, absolutely NOTHING is so important it can't wait until you reach your destination to take care of it. If it is, pull OVER. Is answering that phone or text really worth the life of you or another? Imagine if one of your loved ones was taken from you because of another person texting/talking while driving. Put yourself in that place and take the pledge!

http://www.oprah.com/questionaire/ipledge.html?id=4

Watch a few stories from families who had a loved one taken from them (scroll down for clips).
http://www.oprah.com/packages/no-phone-zone.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.

Comments

• MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    All I know about this is that on the highway this morning the big light up sign over the road, the one they usually only lights up when there's an accident on the next highway, saying it was no phone whatever. And it caused a huge traffic jam.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    Its the law here.
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The newscasters here said it's very convenient for stars who have people drive them everywhere to be preaching to everyone else not to use their phones while driving.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I drive everywhere, all the time. I never text while I drive and when I use my phone, it's hands free. It's not that hard. It's not even that hard to say, "I'll call you back, I'm in traffic" or not answer your phone or not make calls. We all lived without this for an awfully long time.
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The newscasters here said it's very convenient for stars who have people drive them everywhere to be preaching to everyone else not to use their phones while driving.

:? That's absolutely no excuse. That's a straw man argument if I ever heard one.
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I believe it's law in CT too, but you still see people zooming down the interstate at 80 yapping on the phone. You just can NOT concentrate on everything going on around you enough while driving and talk on the phone too. I wish I could reach out and smack 'em. :lol:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't even have the damn thing on until I'm at my destination! If someone calls me & it's important, they can leave a message & I'll call them back.
    Then, I'll call one of my curly buds while I'm at Wally World...lol

We also have no cells in the school zones...love it....
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    spring1onu wrote: »
    I believe it's law in CT too, but you still see people zooming down the interstate at 80 yapping on the phone. You just can NOT concentrate on everything going on around you enough while driving and talk on the phone too. I wish I could reach out and smack 'em. :lol:
    And then have a stick on top of that! :laughing4:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• oovuuoovuu Posts: 22Registered Users
    Where I am, it's against the law to talk/text on your cellphone while driving.
    You have to use a hands free device.
    It's a rather nice law. It makes me feel oodles safe while driving around.
    2A/B, low to normal elasticity. curly girl forever~
    conditioner: tresemme naturals nourishing conditioner
    leave-in: aveeno positively nourishing leave-in treatment
    detangling spray: john frieda root awakening detangling spray
    mousse: herbal essences tousle me softly mousse

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file