Must de-gunk my hair!

AnjAnj Registered Users Posts: 2
Hellooo, I'm new and I have QUESTIONS! =)

I have hair down to me bum, and it's rather curly (more wavy in the back unless I scrunch it), red, and FRIZZTASTIC! I don't even remember when I stopped using shampoo (sort of out of laziness LOL).. bit it was a REALLY long time ago (probably a year with maybe 3 shampoos in there somewhere). I've been using Pantene Smooth and Sleek conditioner though, and that has cones in it. Booo! So I'm wondering what's the best way to clean my hair REALLY WELL before I swap over to a non-cone conditioner? I need something that will really do the job, even if it's a little bit harsh.. cuz methinks I must have a lot of buildup from the Conditioner and other cone products. Yuckers.

Also.. what are your favorite conditioners for CG?

Comments

• JuicyTubeJuicyTube Registered Users Posts: 2,369
    Suave Clarifying shampoo is the only clarifying one I know.
    When I was CG, I loved the suave naturals conditioners or vo5 ones. They were moisturizing, simple and good.
    3b-3c CG
  • LadyCurlyLocksLadyCurlyLocks Registered Users Posts: 341
    Not to mention inexpensive. The Suave Milk and Honey (now reformulated) was a great way for my hair to get used to CG. Good luck going CG!!
    3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.
  • AnjAnj Registered Users Posts: 2
    Sweeet! Thanks for the suggestions, girls. =)

Figures that the ones that are best for your hair are actually the cheap ones, hahaha! Nice to know. :lol:
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    Yup, any clarifying shampoo will work.
  • HalfWavyHalfCurlyHalfWavyHalfCurly Registered Users Posts: 907
    VO5's Kiwi & Lime Clarifying CO has always seemed to remove any product off my hair quite well. It's a good idea to leave it on the hair at least 5 mins. so it can do its full work. Put it on first and work it through well, then you can soap, scrub and rinse your body, then your hair.
    2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC ;-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file