Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry have split

medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Were they ever married?! :confused:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Girl, now you KNOW I got the 411 on that..

Hell no. They never married!

Halle claimed she was not getting married again because of what happened with her 2 ex husbands.

She almost killed herself over David Justice.. he cheated, bust out her windows, called her every name in the book, and dogged her in the media.

Eric Benet cheated, talked to her nasty, and would come in 4 and 5 am.

Before that she had a string of difficult relationships. She's actually partially deaf in one of her ears because Wesley Snipes bust her in the head while they were dating. Her ex Christopher Williams let the cat out of the bag because he was sick and tired of people blaming him for it so he went on record telling who ACTUALLY did it.

Halle stated that she used to think that being married meant you had the complete package and she felt like she HAD to have a husband to really BE something.. but she's accepted that is not true. So she said on Oprah she was going to find someone and say hey, "Wanna have a baby" by the time she was 40 and see what happens.

Well she met Gabriel Aubry not to long after that on some hot and steamy photo shoot and they hit it off. Apparently, he had been in bad relationships too where he was cheated on. And they bonded, moved in together, and started trying for a baby. They ended up with Baby Nala.

And well now I guess their relationship is over.. I'll have to check my sources though.. TMZ has gotten things wrong before..
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Obviously, I don't know anything about her personally, or her relationship style, but for some reason, I've always felt bad for her in regard to men. She's so lovely, and she seems vulnerable --- I hope she finds happiness.
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Is it really any surprise? I mean, really?

• fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    when she was being interviewed by penelope cruz i remember her saying that the only thing she expects to last is love from her child, relationships end. (something to that effect)

on another message board someone mentioned that they'd seen her publicly at a store and that she was rather rude and mean to gabriel.

she always looked unhappy to me.
    Halle Berry is a little off if you ask me and always has been. Even men she's dating have alluded to it.

For instance Shemar Moore said it.. he said it in the NICEST of ways but he made it clearly she's kinda nutty. Christopher Williams said similiar and so did David Justice (given I think Justice was just covering his cheating behind). And this other actor (can't think of his name right now) that she dating briefly said similiar things but in a very "nice" way.

I've seen her in different interviews where she came off as annoying, insecure, unhappy, and wacky. If you listen to her go on one of her rambles about the media, her life, and whatnot she seems totally wacky.

Even my husband said it.. he thinks she's absolutely lovely but he's always said as pretty as she is he doesn't think he'd want to date her even IF he had a chance because she seems so off.

I would say she has some issues from her childhood as well that linger. She witnessed her father beat the pure HELL out of her mother and sister growing up. She revealed the details of that on her interview on that Actors Studio Guild tv show. I watched it. She said she felt guilt because for some reason her father never touched her but would always beat the hell out of them. And it effected her greatly because it was so hard to see him doing that to them and then wonder how come he favored her. Plus she had troubles growing up because of her biracial heritage... given she's made peace with that and identifies as black now.

I think all the abuse she witnessed, the abuse she suffered at the hands of men, the bad relationships, and her own insecurity have created a lot of internal issues for her.

And well, I had no doubt she and Gabriel Aubry would end. I heard from several sources that in this relationship she tried to do the "take control strong woman bit" and bossed him around some. I think the end of that was inevitable.

Okay...that's enough of me playing celebrity shrink... well for now. LOL!
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes, she grew up not far from where I did.

I always disliked David Justice for demanding alimony. As if he didn't earn enough on his own!
  • curlystateofmindcurlystateofmind Posts: 180Registered Users
    Sad but not surprising. They are both gorgeous and seem like nice people so I'm sure they will both be fine.

I just bought her new perfume yesterday. It's really nice!
    Used to be a member, left for awhile, now I'm back.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    She does seem a bit odd, so I'm not surprised she's split from this guy.

I'm not one to judge someone for having multiple marriage failures (pot meet kettle), but if the same thing keeps happening with different partners, you really do have to assess your own behaviors and possibly do some changing/improving. I know I have done a lot of introspection. I hope Halle does as well. I'm sure she and her daughter will be fine...they have plenty of money and won't have the same worries as most single moms do.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Seems like there might have been a third party involved.

Link
    lemme guess...
    him...

0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

Nope.
  • helloyellowbirdhelloyellowbird Banned Posts: 1,632Banned Users
    Halle Berry is a little off if you ask me and always has been. Even men she's dating have alluded to it.

For instance Shemar Moore said it.. he said it in the NICEST of ways but he made it clearly she's kinda nutty. Christopher Williams said similiar and so did David Justice (given I think Justice was just covering his cheating behind). And this other actor (can't think of his name right now) that she dating briefly said similiar things but in a very "nice" way.

I've seen her in different interviews where she came off as annoying, insecure, unhappy, and wacky. If you listen to her go on one of her rambles about the media, her life, and whatnot she seems totally wacky.

Even my husband said it.. he thinks she's absolutely lovely but he's always said as pretty as she is he doesn't think he'd want to date her even IF he had a chance because she seems so off.

I would say she has some issues from her childhood as well that linger. She witnessed her father beat the pure HELL out of her mother and sister growing up. She revealed the details of that on her interview on that Actors Studio Guild tv show. I watched it. She said she felt guilt because for some reason her father never touched her but would always beat the hell out of them. And it effected her greatly because it was so hard to see him doing that to them and then wonder how come he favored her. Plus she had troubles growing up because of her biracial heritage... given she's made peace with that and identifies as black now.

I think all the abuse she witnessed, the abuse she suffered at the hands of men, the bad relationships, and her own insecurity have created a lot of internal issues for her.

And well, I had no doubt she and Gabriel Aubry would end. I heard from several sources that in this relationship she tried to do the "take control strong woman bit" and bossed him around some. I think the end of that was inevitable.

What kind of wacky are we talking about here? Like bipolar?
    eIZWI.gif
    :love10:
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I actually like them together, but I don't think Halle was happy. I'm beginning to think that she may not know how to be happy. She is a little odd. I remember years ago in a magazine interview, she was talking about her farts, which was so odd. It did nothing to promote her image, and the interviewer felt that she was a little odd.

I doubt that she would be a single mom. I didn't get the impression that Gabriel was abandoning his kid; it's probably the reason why she chose him to be the father of her child. She wanted someone who would be there, unlike her father.

I also get the impression that Halle brought this on, even if Gabriel is the one who wants out. I agree with RCW and Marah that Halle needs to resolve her personal issues. After dating abusive men, Halle probably doesn't know how to behave with someone who is normal.
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed

Girl, now you KNOW I got the 411 on that..

Hell no. They never married!

Halle claimed she was not getting married again because of what happened with her 2 ex husbands.

She almost killed herself over David Justice.. he cheated, bust out her windows, called her every name in the book, and dogged her in the media.

Eric Benet cheated, talked to her nasty, and would come in 4 and 5 am.

Before that she had a string of difficult relationships. She's actually partially deaf in one of her ears because Wesley Snipes bust her in the head while they were dating. Her ex Christopher Williams let the cat out of the bag because he was sick and tired of people blaming him for it so he went on record telling who ACTUALLY did it.

Halle stated that she used to think that being married meant you had the complete package and she felt like she HAD to have a husband to really BE something.. but she's accepted that is not true. So she said on Oprah she was going to find someone and say hey, "Wanna have a baby" by the time she was 40 and see what happens.

Well she met Gabriel Aubry not to long after that on some hot and steamy photo shoot and they hit it off. Apparently, he had been in bad relationships too where he was cheated on. And they bonded, moved in together, and started trying for a baby. They ended up with Baby Nala.

And well now I guess their relationship is over.. I'll have to check my sources though.. TMZ has gotten things wrong before..
    blink.gif
    0004.gif

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Nope, for all of the reasons mentioned. I wondered how long this one would last or if Halle Berry could maintain a long-term relationship (more than a few years). Despite her issues, she's one of the few celebs I like, based on what I've read about her. I know she was suicidal when she and David Justice split. I hope this latest breakup, especially if the 3rd party rumors are true, doesn't send her over the edge.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

What kind of wacky are we talking about here? Like bipolar?

Well I don't like to call people with mental illness "wacky".. so I wasn't thinking in those terms. But now that you said it.. she could either be bipolar or borderline... never know.
    Phoenix wrote: »
    I know she was suicidal when she and David Justice split. I hope this latest breakup, especially if the 3rd party rumors are true, doesn't send her over the edge.

Hmmm hmm... I hope not either! But I think really she kind of resigned herself to not expecting relationships to last anyway.. these last few years she's been saying she's happy but she knows there are no guarantees.

She didn't try to hurt herself over Eric Benet that we know of.... She was clearly hurt but no reports of her trying to kill herself again.

But with David Justice... Lawd, Lawd, Lawd. When that relationship hit the fan, girlfriend got into the car, with the engine running, and sat in the garage with the door down.. called her momma hysterical saying she was just going to end it all!

Her mother talked her down.. thank goodness! She realized she couldn't do that to her mother she said...knowing how much her mom loved her. From what I understand this was shortly after David Justice came over acting crazy cause she wouldn't let him in.. he busted out the house windows and was acting like a damn blame fool out there.

That woman has been through some serious trials and tribulations... it's sad to be that beautiful, have all that money, and fame... and not be happy in your personal life. I am with RCW, ol' girl probably needs to do some self reflection. Cause damn.... and she couldn't even keep Shemar Moore and people that know him have always said he is such a gentleman and extremely sweet. And he even HE said she was a "off". Given, he put it in a much nicer way.
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users

I agree. I've always thought, "So much beauty, so much trouble". I'm surprised she lasted with Gabriel as long as she did.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    it's sad to be that beautiful, have all that money, and fame... and not be happy in your personal life.

I think beautiful, rich and famous people often are more insecure than most 'regular' people would expect, precisely because of their looks, money and fame. Not knowing if people like you for who you are (on the inside) can do a job on one's self-esteem.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    Phoenix wrote: »
    it's sad to be that beautiful, have all that money, and fame... and not be happy in your personal life.

I think beautiful, rich and famous people often are more insecure than most 'regular' people would expect, precisely because of their looks, money and fame. Not knowing if people like you for who you are (on the inside) can do a job on one's self-esteem.

Well in Halle's case.. I think she was twisted before she got famous and never dealt with those issues. But I do understand what you are saying and I think you have a valid point.

Besides that I think some of these people have so much fame and money... they don't know WHAT the heck to really do with themselves... and the people around them are often there not because they really care about these folks but because they are getting paid and they like the perks and benefits.

I mean look at all these celebs we've seen be stuck on drugs or alcohol.. and start doing crazy stuff. They have whole entourages (sp?) and you mean to tell me not one person can say.. "Hey slow down.. calm down.. you are doing to much.. you need some help, etc". But I guess they are so scared of losing their position and income they say nothing. Sad.
    Well Halle "seems" fine.. LOL!
    Meanwhile, Berry was spotted walking hand-in-hand with another guy on Friday night. She and her mystery date went to the Broadway play 'Fences,' and it looked like they were more than just friends.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/02/halle-berry-holds-hands-w_n_560050.html
  • Sweet_dreams11Sweet_dreams11 Posts: 103Registered Users
    Well Halle "seems" fine.. LOL!
    Meanwhile, Berry was spotted walking hand-in-hand with another guy on Friday night. She and her mystery date went to the Broadway play 'Fences,' and it looked like they were more than just friends.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/02/halle-berry-holds-hands-w_n_560050.html

Good lord, some of those comments...:-|
    Mostly 3C with a dash of 3b and 4A
    Low Poo: Elucence Moisture Benefits
    Conditioner: Elucence Moisture Balance
    Leave-in: Curl Junkie Hibiscus and Banana
    Moisturizer: Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream
    QB Amla and Olive Heavy Cream

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file