Anybody see Rielle Hunter on Oprah?

mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Of course I watched it because she's living my life LOL Just kidding. I did find John Edwards very attractive as a candidate and a guy.

Hunter was very pretty and much more reasonable than was portrayed.

I read her interview in GQ and understood their story a lot better. I'll say it again, if you don't keep your man happy, he's going to go elsewhere. According to the GQ story, Elizabeth was quite a terror and somewhat abusive.

I still miss his input in the political arena.
3c
Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
CoWash: VO5 kiwi
Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor

Comments

• SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It was on while I was working but I caught bits and pieces.

I still don't get the tacky photo spread of her, and though Elizabeth may be a difficult person, John made the decision to marry her and stay with her. It is unfortunate for his career that he made the decisions he did, because it would have been interesting to see how it progressed.

Sympathetic figure or not, I'm of the school that if you want to have girlfriends or sleep around, don't get (or stay) married.
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't empathize with her at all.

Keeping your man happy? How about keep your dick in your pants? Not getting amnesia when a hot ready and willing piece of ass comes around?

I'm sorry, bringing more people into the marriage isn't solving any problems. That is unless you live someplace where plural marriages and concubinage are allowed OR if you have an open marriage.

I love the clip I saw on GMA where Oprah asks if they were using birth control and Rielle Hunter is like "No. But we weren't trying to get pregnant." WOW. Grown "intelligent" adults.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • CurlyCurliesCurlyCurlies Posts: 1,641Registered Users
    though Elizabeth may be a difficult person, John made the decision to marry her and stay with her.

This. I don't think there's ever a good excuse for cheating. I don't care how Elizabeth acted towards him or what she did or didn't do, if he wasn't happy, he should have tried to work it out or started the seperation/divorce proceedings.
    33abhqq.gif
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Spot on, spidey...
    I'm amazed at the folks dorking around w/o a raincoat & the women who allow/go along w/ it... :cwm10::pukel:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Spot on, spidey...
    I'm amazed at the folks dorking around w/o a raincoat & the women who allow/go along w/ it... :cwm10::pukel:

I know it's absolutely disgusting.
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    curlyarca wrote: »

Keeping your man happy? How about keep your dick in your pants? Not getting amnesia when a hot ready and willing piece of ass comes around?

I'm sorry, bringing more people into the marriage isn't solving any problems. That is unless you live someplace where plural marriages and concubinage are allowed OR if you have an open marriage.

I love the clip I saw on GMA where Oprah asks if they were using birth control and Rielle Hunter is like "No. But we weren't trying to get pregnant." WOW. Grown "intelligent" adults.

I agree exactly!
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Marriage is not so sacrosanct to me that you stay in one when you're being abused. And who leaves their spouse when she's sick? I had the feeling Elizabeth believed because they took a vow, he had to stay no matter what and that's why she treated him like crap.

If you treat your spouse badly and you come down sick, the decent thing they can do is stay and help you through it and leave you when you're better. And if you're not getting better, they leave until the end, but I don't expect anyone to give up the sexual or romantic side of themselves because you decided to treat them like crap.

So he should have divorced her while sick with cancer and leave their young kids? Really?
    3c
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Exactly.

I don't feel for this hooker. I don't care if John and his wife were having problems or not. She knew he was married....and if he didn't have sense enough to respect himself, his wife, and home life then she could have said.. "Sorry Eddie.. I don't get down like that.. go home to your SICK WITH CANCER WIFE..member her. You won't use me to get your jollies off.. you got hands ?"

And Rielle Hunter is a nut job. Just read about her past.. you'll see. I don't care how together she tried to present herself on what interview. She's a damn nut.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • curlystateofmindcurlystateofmind Posts: 180Registered Users
    mandyv wrote: »
    Marriage is not so sacrosanct to me that you stay in one when you're being abused. And who leaves their spouse when she's sick? I had the feeling Elizabeth believed because they took a vow, he had to stay no matter what and that's why she treated him like crap.

If you treat your spouse badly and you come down sick, the decent thing they can do is stay and help you through it and leave you when you're better. And if you're not getting better, they leave until the end, but I don't expect anyone to give up the sexual or romantic side of themselves because you decided to treat them like crap.

So he should have divorced her while sick with cancer and leave their young kids? Really?

Oh please I highly doubt John stuck with her because he was being considerate of her illness. I think he stayed with her because it benefited him politically. I doubt John was very helpful anyway, he obviously was too busy porking this tramp without protection. He is a self serving piece of sh*t. :angry4:
    Used to be a member, left for awhile, now I'm back.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte

Oh please I highly doubt John stuck with her because he was being considerate of her illness. I think he stayed with her because it benefited him politically. I doubt John was very helpful anyway, he obviously was too busy porking this tramp without protection. He is a self serving piece of sh*t. :angry4:
    :hello1:
    And to me the ironic thing is that Elizabeth is still alive..lol
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The whole thing really disgusts me. The lying, the children (on both sides now), he had a chance of being our president and he convinced his aide to lie for him as a cover up which is a whole other can of isht. I just can't understand any of this. How do people get to be so deceitful and how does he think he can hide all of this while running for president? Power tripping azzhole.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
    Think about this.. what if he DID become president and all this ish came out.. OMG.. my husband mentioned that to me and my eyes got as big as golf balls.

I can't imagine the uproar it would be in this country. I mean look how crazy it was when Bill got found out... at least he didn't have any babies on the side though... :usa2: :salut::usa2:
  • NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
    Boomygrrl wrote: »

I agree exactly!

I totally agree. I wasn't going to post just about that, though... then I got on the horse boards, and, well...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=munson_lester&id=3533725
    The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
    -Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I saw parts of the interview. I feel sorry for everyone.

Rielle seems lost, and she doesn't always make sense. I don't believe she is a homewrecker. After all, John Edwards was married - not Rielle. And I find it so stupid that a man who didn't want to get caught would have an affair w/o using protection. Did Rielle lie and say she was in menopause? I just don't get that.

I am also disappointed with John because he allowed his children to suffer. I don't think he is interested in Rielle anymore. He seems very egotistic.

I don't really care for Elizabeth, but no one deserves to be misled about the status of her marriage, especially when she dealing with terminal cancer.
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • CurlyCurliesCurlyCurlies Posts: 1,641Registered Users

Honestly, if he were just a regular guy and he didn't want to leave, I'd expect him to either a) try to work it out with his wife via counseling or some other route, b) or suck it up and deal with the situation until she got better or he felt better about leaving.

I guess another option would be c) be up front about it and tell her he wanted to "open" up the marriage and let her decide whether she wanted to deal with it.
    Think about this.. what if he DID become president and all this ish came out.. OMG..

Exactly. With all the scrutiny that he was under just by virtue of being a candidate, I don't know why he thought he could risk it.
    33abhqq.gif
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,938Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

Are you for real or just stirring the pot? Because I honestly can't tell.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

I don't believe she is a homewrecker. After all, John Edwards was married - not Rielle.
    Isn't that the definition of a homewrecker though? Someone who helps break up another person's marriage?
    And Rielle Hunter is a nut job. Just read about her past.. you'll see. I don't care how together she tried to present herself on what interview. She's a damn nut.
    She comes by it honest, as they say. Her father had some issues too.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I get the definition of being a homewrecker, but I get so sick of the nonmarried person taking the bulk of the blame when someone cheats on his/her spouse. I am not targeting anyone in this thread, I mean in general. Obviously, if you date a married man, then you know that you are helping him destroy his marriage. But I feel that any grown person, especially one who is running for president, knows darn well where his actions will lead to him. And he had to know that Rielle wasn't mentally/emotionally all there. I got those vibes after hearing her speak for five minutes.
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    ^^^OK, I see. Agreed. I also thought something similar myself as far as her instability goes. Of all the people to cheat with, he picked a headcase?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • divamisstdivamisst Posts: 293Registered Users

So cheating on your wife AND not even bothering to use a condom (so you can bring home any number of STI's to your wife) is supposed to be a better option? Because that doesn't look like it worked out so well.....
    3b :hello2:
    co-wash: suave naturals coconut conditioner, DB pumpkin seed conditioner
    rinse out: garnier triple nutrition
    leave in: garnier triple nutrition, kckt
    stylers: HETT, AOMM, BRHG, AG Re:Coil, Jessicurl Rockin Ringlets, CJ Curl Fuel, HairVeda CoCasta Shikakai Oil, DB Natural Coils Curling Jelly, DB Coconut & Aloe Moisture Pudding, KCCC.....CHS Curl Keeper (doesn't seem to like the Iowa winter though LOL)
    want to try: EVERYTHING!! (you guys are turning me into a big-time PJ!)
    CGNYC wrote: »
    Are you for real or just stirring the pot? Because I honestly can't tell.

Nope. I don't post things just to stir the pot. These are my opinions and I know they're unpopular but so what?

The interview was just on TV so I figured the topic was timely.

I initially felt bad for Elizabeth, but when you treat ppl like sh*t, they generally don't stick around. I can't be the only one who believes this. Maybe he stuck around physically for the kids.
    3c
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users

Right...you'll hoe out on me, but you'll "stay with me" because I'm sick, to be...considerate? How does that work, exactly? There was no consideration... not for Elizabeth. I'm sure having to deal with a philandering spouse hasn't been good for her health.

I don't know anything about their marriage, and I don't have the time nor the desire to speculate about what actually went on, and who was at fault. Only John and Elizabeth know what went down. Why do so many people think they "know how it was"? I'm not talking about you, curlystateofmind. I'm talking about those who always bring up how awful Elizabeth was/is, as if John was/is blameless.

But the bottom line is this: If you no longer want to be married, you don't have to be. People get and stay married for a lot of reasons, and some of those reasons have nothing to do with love or/and mutual respect. It's all about some kind of personal gain...and often both parties are getting something out of it.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
    From what I read, she abused him verbally, deriding and insulting him publicly along with staff members. Many ppl have said so. She seems like a very angry person. Aside from that, they have small children and she is terminally ill. I think he probably wanted to leave, but stayed because she was ill.

He wanted to drop out of the race but she insisted he stay in. It seems like she intimidated him.

Who knows, I wasn't there, these are just my impressions.

I think it's disingenuous or naive to say if he wanted to cheat, he should have left -- even though they have young children and even though she has terminal cancer.
    3c
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
    From what I read, she abused him verbally, deriding and insulting him publicly along with staff members. Many ppl have said so. She seems like a very angry person. Aside from that, they have small children and she is terminally ill. I think he probably wanted to leave, but stayed because she was ill.

He wanted to drop out of the race but she insisted he stay in. It seems like she intimidated him.

Who knows, I wasn't there, these are just my impressions.

I think it's disingenuous or naive to say if he wanted to cheat, he should have left -- even though they have young children and even though she has terminal cancer.

I think it's strange to think a man can cheat on his wife, yet show "consideration" by staying with her, because she has cancer. I don't see that. Because Elizabeth will always be sick, unless there's a miracle. So, there would have been no "good" time for her to deal with the situation. Plus, when famous people cheat, someone always knows, and the humiliation that comes with that can be hard to bear. I wouldn't want a man to stay with me, because I was sick, if he couldn't be faithful when I was well. Don't do me no favors. Humiliation isn't good for the spirit.

Oh....and I understand that folks have said so much about her...her anger, lack of kindness, etc. But there's always three sides to any story: One person's side, the other person's side, and what really happened. Usually, it's more in the middle, than to either side. That's all I'm saying.

John Edwards is a good looking man, and he comes across as very charming. He's charismatic, and he's a politician. I think people have a tendency to respond to him favorably, because of his looks/charisma. Those kind of guys are often not what they appear to be. Plus, if Elizabeth is truly a shrew, then when did she turn into one?
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
    *Sigh* Let me get my RANT ON:

I guess I will never relate to people that defend people that cheat on their spouses or the side hoes that know the person is married and still cheat with them (and thank God for that)!

Frankly, being abused (and it's debatable whether he was or not for pete's sake.. he's a grown man.. okay so his wife may have been rude and mean at times.. big frickken whoop) DOES NOT give a person a right to cheat on their spouse. I don't give a damn how abusive the person is and what kind of justification one makes for it: IT IS WRONG. There are no two ways about it.

Hunter and John are BOTH guilty as sin and in the wrong, period. There isn't any justification. John is guilty because he's a married man and made a committment to that marriage long ago before he even met Hunter. His marriage vows should have taken precedence over his libido regardless of how his wife acted or didn't act. Hunter KNEW he was a married man, still cheated with him, and proceeded to produce a child with the man. She's just as dirty as Edwards. And her mind is twisted as hell if she thinks her hands are clean just because Elizabeth was alledgedly "mean".

All this jazz about people having bad marriages and abuse and blah blah blah is a cop out. NOTHING gives a person the right to break vows they have made in a marriage to stay faithful so they can cheat.

If one isn't happy in a marriage then take steps to dissolve the marriage and get on with yourself. You don't run out and find a side ho. All this stupidity about his political career and whatnot is BS. You don't put any career before your marriage and family. And you darn sure don't deliberately choose to make a complete mockery of marriage and the life you had prior to it all blowing up. And now that this nonsense has all come out.. to act like it's all Elizabeth's fault is ridiculous and it's just trying to absolve one's self of guilt that's all.

IF this stuff is true about Elizabeth being mean-spirited and what not.. she didn't JUST get that way. John has known that for some time and knew it BEFORE he hooked up with this trick. So after the fact, I am not trying to hear his side ho's justification of... "Whoa is us...his wife was a big meanie!".

And he wasn't intimidate by any damn Elizabeth. Give me a break.. if he was so damn intimidated he wouldn't have had the chutzpah to run his lying, sneaky, back stabbing, cheating, baby making on the side monkey ass around on his oh so "abusive and intimidating" wife in the first place.

So the justification for this BS is just not flying with me. And I have to laugh at the very notion that he cheated and couldn't leave cause his wife is sick with terminal cancer though. It didn't stop his punk ass from getting some tail on the side! So why should it stop him from hitting the road ? Ohhhhhhhh that's right.. he couldn't DO that because it would have made him look like the ass he really is to the public ? And not really because he cared so much about his wife's health. So it really is ALL ABOUT JOHN. Got it.

As a side thought:

Sandra Bullock admits she's controlling, can be hard to live with, not to mention stubborn (all her words, not mine)..... maybe some folks think she had what Jesse did to her coming. Oh wait a minute, maybe she's considered different because she didn't do any of it publically in front of any staff members that we know of...:disgust:
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,734Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

Dennis Hopper is supposed to be on death's door with cancer and is divorcing his wife, leaving their young child. if something is bad enough to warrant it, some people will do that.

as for Elizabeth Edwards' being "mean", it sounds like it goes far, FAR beyond that... including her being willing to use her illness to get her husband elected.

http://nymag.com/news/politics/63045/
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
    It really got under my skin when she called him Johnny during the interview. She gives me the heebie jeebies. Totally delusional to reality and making any excuse possible to justify the whole situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
    spring1onu wrote: »
    It really got under my skin when she called him Johnny during the interview. She gives me the heebie jeebies. Totally delusional to reality and making any excuse possible to justify the whole situation.

That's his real name. That's what's on his birth cert and what his friends call him.
    3c
    spring1onu wrote: »

That's his real name. That's what's on his birth cert and what his friends call him.

I know, she explained it during the interview. It just seems like an endearing name and I find the situation so wrong it just bothers me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• roseannadanaroseannadana Posts: 5,633Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    rouquinne wrote: »
    Dennis Hopper is supposed to be on death's door with cancer and is divorcing his wife, leaving their young child. if something is bad enough to warrant it, some people will do that.

I think this divorce situation has something to do with shoring up his assets before his death.

I was born to be a pessimist. My blood type is B Negative.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file