Stress Sweat?

TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Maybe this is TMI, I don't know.. but does anyone else suffer from what I call stress sweat?

If I have to deal with a stressful situation - in particular dealing with an awful, spiteful, mean, nasty coworker - I smell AWFUL by the end of the day. I've noticed it to a lesser extent under just in general stressful situations, but I am really rank when I'm having a bad day with 'the evil one'.

Does anyone else have this happen? Any suggestions?
When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hormones are amazing things. Yes, we can stink pretty bad when stressed or scared. I don't have any suggestions other than to try to improve your situation.
  • gekko422gekko422 Posts: 4,869Registered Users
    Maybe try going from a regular deoderant to one of those prescription strength ones?
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

You know why pandas are endangered? Cause pandas ain't got no game.

Jesus loves you, but I'm his favorite.
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    TRBL wrote: »
    Maybe this is TMI, I don't know.. but does anyone else suffer from what I call stress sweat?

If I have to deal with a stressful situation - in particular dealing with an awful, spiteful, mean, nasty coworker - I smell AWFUL by the end of the day. I've noticed it to a lesser extend under just in general stressful situations, but I am really rank when I'm having a bad day with 'the evil one'.

Does anyone else have this happen? Any suggestions?

I never stink( I know that sounds crazy if you sweat, but I swear I don't!) but I sweat in stressful situations sometimes not even stressful (or maybe my body thinks it stressfull) like going to a party with people I KNOW!...my pits will be soaked after an hour...really frustrating I tried the Dr prescribed antiperspirant, but it didn't help....I'm thinking of botox eventually, right now I'm trying to lose weight to look good in tank tops (Or what I think looks good armpit rolls anyone?) and then just wear tank tops for the rest of summer to help prevent my pit area being soaked!
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    I get sweat on my forehead. I'm sure it's an attractive look in a job interview. :thumbdown:

Is there anything you can do to limit your interactions with the evil coworker?
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I try as much as possible, but we are both executive assistants, and my boss reports directly to her boss... She is a bully and a bwitch. Most people know this, and work around it, it's just hard being her target.
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • merynmeryn Posts: 1,807Registered Users Curl Novice
    Yeah, that's apocrine sweat...

http://www.sweating.ca/apocrine_sweat_glands.html

The only thing that helps me is a Xanax, not even prescription strength stuff holds up when I'm seriously stressed and anxious.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I don't sweat much during the summer or even when I'm exercising but my hands and feet drip sweat when I am nervous or anxious. I will be dry everywhere else and my hands and feet are drenched.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file