Anyone been to Hawaii?

FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
I'm going to the Big Island next week and I'm not really sure what to expect or what kind of things there are to do (aside from beach stuff and seeing the volcano). Anyone have any insight?
[FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]

Comments

• Maxs MomMaxs Mom Posts: 64Registered Users
    The Big Island is awesome. There is TONS of stuff to do there. If you are on the west side (Kona,Kohala) do the beaches. Go the the Place of Refuge. If you are on the East side (Hilo side and my personal favorite) go to the zoo (is free) and Botanical garden. Hit the Famers Market in Hilo and Pahoa (Sundays). Both are awesome. Go to the Hot Pond (alanuinui) or Champagne pond in Kapoho,Puna. If you want to see naked people in drum circles, smoking pot, go to Kehena beach (black sand beach) on Sunday afternoon. It is a magical place. Have a great time.
    Hilo, Hawaii
    MOD/GC since 5/08-no silicones or SLS
    2b/3a Long (waist length when wet) , THICK and course
    Lo-Poo-Jessicurl HCC,KC come clean, CJ daily fix conditioner
    Condish-Leave in-KCNT,Moisture Maniac
    Styling-re:coil, KCCC, BSRHG
  • nola2londonnola2london Posts: 24Registered Users
    Looks like Max's Mom gave a great list. I've only been to Maui and Oahu so I can't help too much with the Big Island.

Depending on how long you're there, you can also Island hop, if I'm in hawaii for longer than 4/5 days, I'll usually pop over to another island for a day.

Once you're there, I'm sure you'll find tons of fun things to do.

Have fun !
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    In terms of being a tourist, it's a very laid-back place. You're not going to be pushing past other tourists to see ancient ruins or get to a rollercoaster.

My favorite thing about big island is that bright lights aren't allowed at night, so you have an incredible view of all the stars.
  • JayneeJaynee Posts: 2,039Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    We went with SO's parents a couple of years ago and they went to a couple of botanical gardens that they loved. We also did a tour of a coffee farm that was kind of interesting.

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Went to Kauai in 94 on our honeymoon.
    It was amazing!
    Rented a car to go up the mtn...got a great pic of that.
    Went on a helicopter tour...got to sit in the front :occasion9:
    Went on a raft ride...quite bumpy tho...
    had tons o' s-e-x!

:compress:
    Everything is open...even the hotel.
    Have fun!
    Can you believe gas was like $2.50/gal then? Even got a pic of it...lol
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• merynmeryn Posts: 1,807Registered Users Curl Novice
    There's tons to do on the Big Island. I live there but am in Alaska for the summer. You'll have a blast!
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Hey, meryn, good to see you!
    How are you? :hippy2:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• rileybrileyb Posts: 1,975Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    EAT

The food is so fantastic, all of the different kinds of fish are so good.
    I haven't got the slightest idea how to change people, but I still keep a long list of prospective candidates just in case I should ever figure it out.
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    I haven't been to the Big Island. I went to Maui almost 30 years ago and will be going back in June -- I'm so excited!

There are lots of things on the islands to keep one busy that have nothing to do with the beaches or volcanoes. Although I can't imagine a visit to Hawaii without either of those.

Have fun! 8)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file