My CG progress, with pictures.

SpeirsArtSpeirsArt Registered Users Posts: 43
Hi There
So I am trying the CG method...thinking I may have to be modified CG.
I have lots of hair but my strands are actually fine-medium on top and medium-coarse underneath.
So far my hair is frizzy, limp and lifeless. I tried using less products today which seems to help with my definition however still lots of frizz.
Hoping someone can look at my pics and tell me if im on the right track and if my hair type will do well with cg.
xoxo
Rachael
These are day 1 cg:
feel free to check out my artwork
www.rachaelspeirs.com

Medium on top, coarse underneath, med-high porosity
was 2B on top 3A and 3B underneath
but since growing out and going CG I am now a combo of 3A and 3B with 3C underneath
CG
Love: coconut oil, lavender EO, GFTN
Growing out since 2008, down past collarbone but I want it past my bra strap...I long for a giant head of long soft curls:sunny:

Comments

• SpeirsArtSpeirsArt Registered Users Posts: 43
    I used less condish today and less gel. I feel like there is a better curl pattern forming but its still limp and gross looking and frizzy.
    any help or advice is totally appreciated.
    xoxox
    www.rachaelspeirs.com

but since growing out and going CG I am now a combo of 3A and 3B with 3C underneath
    CG
    Growing out since 2008, down past collarbone but I want it past my bra strap...I long for a giant head of long soft curls:sunny:
  • girlysoxfangirlysoxfan Registered Users Posts: 155
    I think it looks great & girl...that is not frizzy...I could show you frizz!

Maybe try to pin up your hair around your crown right after applying your styling products & allow it to dry as long as possible. Then, before removing the clips, spray a bit w/ a spray gel or hair spray...blow dry a bit upside down & then remove the clips...that is how I achieve some body & fullness.

Good luck, I think you're off to a great start.
    3b/med porosity
    LoPoo: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Treseme Naturals
    Leave in: Trader Joes Nourishing condish

Current Favs: Naturelle - Biotera Curl Cream & Biotera Styling Glaze
    thats a great suggestion and I will absolutely try it tomorrow :)
    www.rachaelspeirs.com

CG
  • pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    Unfortunately, frizz is completely normal in the first stages of CG. The usual remedy for frizz is more moisture. Since your hair is also getting weighed down, I'm not sure exactly how to approach it. Maybe one of the links I attach will help.
    Here is what is up with your hair now. Pretend for a moment that every foundation in the world made your face break out. For the first few days of quitting foundation you'd say "But I can see all my pimples now. They were less noticable when I wore foundation." It is kind of the same thing with CG. The cones were masking how dry your hair really was. Now you can see the dryness in the form of frizz. The longer you do the CG method, the better it should get.

Here are a couple monster threads on frizz:
    Pay special attention to post 5.
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=87950

Types of frizz
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=10134

Good Luck
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
    thanks for all the advice, it seems to be getting better. the hair at my scalp is getting flattened looking so I may have to try some baking soda and acv. But I feel my curl pattern is getting a lot stronger.
    p.s sorry I look so creepy in the second pic
    www.rachaelspeirs.com

CG
  • girlysoxfangirlysoxfan Registered Users Posts: 155
    Looks like you're achieving quite a bit of height on top...looks really good!
    3b/med porosity
    LoPoo: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil Shampoo
    Rinse Out: Treseme Naturals
    Leave in: Trader Joes Nourishing condish

Current Favs: Naturelle - Biotera Curl Cream & Biotera Styling Glaze
    thanks so so much. now im just waiting for the frizz to go down
    www.rachaelspeirs.com

CG
  • stina84stina84 Registered Users Posts: 136
    WOW YOUR HAIR LOOKS GREAT! ive been doing CG for almost 3 weeks now and my hair is SOOOOOOOOOOOO much more frizzy than yours! i wish it was shiny like that...
    i do recommend something for you though...
    this girl CurlyCarrot on here recommended Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrion...ITS AWESOME! try it! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT...
    Also...go to sallys and look for the ion packets and get a deep condish! they seem to work for people! im doing mine tonight!
    :o)
    Hope that helps
    Love my Curls, but they need a swift kick in the ass!!!

-2b-3b Fine, med tex, med porosity, over moistured/easily weighed down, protein loving Curls!!!
    -Live in South Florida and trying to figure out what to do with this hair of mine...
    thanks stina! I will try it out
    www.rachaelspeirs.com

CG
    I thought I would update you guys,
    I have been cg for about 3 months now and for those just starting...stick it out! it gets better! promise.

although im wearing a hat in this pic you can see my hair is so much thicker and the curl pattern is amazing!
    I love cg!
    my routine is so simple, co wash with tressemme naturals, condish with GF triple nutrition,
    when hair is soaked I rake in and scrunch in LALSG, then scrunch with a microfiber towel, allow to air dry and add spray gel to any areas that are frizzing up. (ps. LOVE spray gel!)
    keep my hands off it except to occasionally sotc with my towel

p.s I had a picture on here but i kept having file size problems, so here is a link to the image...along with an iced tea recipe...lol

http://helloearthart.blogspot.com/2010/06/diy-most-refreshing-summer-drink.html
    www.rachaelspeirs.com

CG
  • DoodlemommyDoodlemommy Registered Users Posts: 26
    What type of spray gel do you use? Your hair is beautiful!
    just Dippity doo sport gel (i think its l.a looks in the u.s)

my biggest breakthrough is spray gel
    omg stuff is awesome, as your hair dries if you notice strong frizzies just spray the area and scrunch it with a tshirt.
    I used the garnier fructis spray gel but then when i ran out i just mixed sport gel and water into the spray bottle and it works great.

So my suggestion is to just get a cheap one-dollar spray bottle from the dollar store and mix sport gel and water in it.
    www.rachaelspeirs.com

CG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file