YAYAYAYAY!!!!

plunkybugplunkybug Registered Users Posts: 2,526
Got my box of goodies from Elita today! Spiral Solutions stuff and Curls for Target stuff...it all looks great! My hair's a bit angry at me right now from my cut yesterday (which is a whole other post), so I'm going to wait and wash tomorrow night though. I might wet in the morning and try the Lavish Curls Moisturizer leave in spray. Or I might do that tonight and put my hair in braids...maybe. I don't want to anger it further.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

Comments

• elitaelita Registered Users Posts: 402 Curl Neophyte
    Yay!! Just a warning: don't use too much of the Curls stuff at once. I overdid it and tried everything together several days in a row and I think I got aloe overload. Have fun experimenting!

...and we need more details about this cut :D
    2a underneath, 2b/c on top, medium texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, high density
    mod-CG since Feb 2009
    HG Combo: CJDF, BCDC & AFL
    Other Favorites:
    all things Spiral Solutions and Curl Junkie!! :love5:
  • E2eE2e Registered Users Posts: 246
    plunkybug wrote: »
    Got my box of goodies from Elita today! Spiral Solutions stuff and Curls for Target stuff...it all looks great! My hair's a bit angry at me right now from my cut yesterday (which is a whole other post), so I'm going to wait and wash tomorrow night though. I might wet in the morning and try the Lavish Curls Moisturizer leave in spray. Or I might do that tonight and put my hair in braids...maybe. I don't want to anger it further.

I got curls too, let me know if you like it? I"m afraid to try it.
    FIA:2b/cMiiF
    Hair :love7: protein

Bellydancer in the Order of the Curly Crusaders.
  • plunkybugplunkybug Registered Users Posts: 2,526
    Details about the cut coming...was going to make a separate post, but now I think I'll just update the Recent Hair Cut Pics thread instead.

Elita, I'll heed your advice about going overload with the Curls stuff. I'm thinking I might not even wash tonight...I might just wet it down and use a leave-in and style tonight, and do a proper wash on Sunday when I'm off next. Friday and Saturday nights are booked so I'll be home late, but I might get an overnight plop on one of the 2 nights.

E2E, will see if I can post some reviews and impressions for ya. :P

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

After reading your other post, here is what I would probably do if I wanted to try all the Curls products before the visit:

day 1
    -wash with curls cleanser
    -use deeply decadent treatment and leave in for 30-60 minutes (with heat if possible)
    -rinse and style with a gel (probably the goddess glaze). You shouldn't need a curl cream because your hair will be moisturized from the DT

next day
    -refresh with lavish moisturizer and a gel of your choice (after about a 30 minutes I decide if my hair is worthy of leaving down or if it needs to go up)

next wash:
    -co-wash
    -try coconut curlada as a rinse-out
    -style with creme brule and another gel if needed for hold.

I only use 1 or 2 of the products at a time now. They're not my favorite products but I feel they're worthy enough to keep around. A lot of people have complained of dryness and have returned the products. I've been using them during the higher dewpoints (30s or 40s F) with better results, but I always use something from SS or CJ with them.
    2a underneath, 2b/c on top, medium texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, high density
    mod-CG since Feb 2009
    Other Favorites:
    Oooh, sounds good! I spritzed this morning and used the Lavish Moisturizer, Creme Brule, and Goddess Curl Gel. Scrunched it all in. I didn't wet all my hair, just ear down...I have some frizz in some areas. So what else is new? :P

Elita...how do you use the Lavish Moisturizer? Even in the sample bottle it sort of comes out in a solid stream. I've been spraying on my hands, and then applying to my hair, but I don't know if there's a better way.

Also, are there any directions on using the Spiral Solutions Repairing Protein Treatment? I don't see anything on the Etsy page other than to follow up with the Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment.

I ended up using all the Curls stuff last night and plopping before bed. Oh well, it was an experiment. :) My schedule's a little out of whack and my normal days off have been put in flux a bit because of my trip to Seattle later this week. I'm hoping I can do a treatment after work tomorrow since I really haven't had the time the last few days. I was going to do it this morning before going to a baby shower this afternoon, but I got conned into working a short shift today. And since I hadn't washed since the cut on Tuesday, I figured my hair had had enough time to simmer down and needed more than just another morning refresher. And weird plop results and all (hidden by pulling back with flexi-barrettes) it did look better than if I'd tried to stretch it anymore.

I think I'll probably pick up the Creamy Cleanser and Coconut Curlada Conditioner when I'm in Seattle at the end of the week if I can. The creamy cleanser is probably the best I can get on ground for a sulphate-free cleansing conditioner. I liked the feel of the Coconut Curlada Conditioner...not sure if I'll keep it as a rinse out or use it as a leave in or what, but the pair both smell nice and seem to compliment each other. I'm not sold on the rest of the items so far though. I have to try the Spiral Solutions styling stuff to see how they stack up.

Anyhow, thanks so much! I'm going to see if I can get the stuff out to you soon, might even ship from Seattle...might be cheaper and faster, but our stay there is soooo short.

With the lavish moisturizer, I spritz it on my hand, rub together then rake it into my hair. I separate it into about 5 sections to make sure I get all of my hair. I usually add a curl cream & gel also to help refresh my curls.

For the protein treatment, the directions are apply to clean, damp hair and leave in for 5-10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly and follow with a deep moisturizing treatment.

I hope you enjoy your trip! :smile:
    mod-CG since Feb 2009
    Other Favorites:
    Do you wet your hair first or add it dry? Do you comb it in? I'm pretty bad with refreshers actually...I don't really know what I'm doing and just try to get by without looking too hideous. :p

Anytime I use water to refresh my hair, I get frizz. When I use the lavish moisture, I separate my hair into 4-5 sections then rake it in. Then I rake in gel and scrunch. My hair never looks as good on 2nd day though. It's definitely straighter and less clumpy after I've slept on it.
    mod-CG since Feb 2009
    Other Favorites:
    Thanks Elita! I'm in Seattle now and hoping my friend has found the creamy curls cleanser and coconut curlada conditioner. I don't know if all Targets have them though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file