Hawaiian Silky dry look activator

empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
Anyone used this? I bought it on a whim (it's dangerous taking walks near my job, too many shops!)

Would you use this under ecostyler?

http://www.beautyofnewyork.com/shopping/6BNH240107KP1058.htm
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
"Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
[/B]

Comments

• CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users Curl Novice
    I have some i bought but havent used it yet. I was waiting until it was a lot warmer outside before using it though.
  • crocketpcrocketp Posts: 30Registered Users
    Yep, I've tried it in the past and didn't care for it at all. I preferred KCCC over it hands down.
    :wink:4a I think! Love curls whipped cream, KCKT, & KCCC! BC 4/14/08 http://fotki.com/prissy1
    password: curly
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i used it and it did nothing for my hair. just made my hair feel grease-y. long aid worked 100% better.
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tuuttietuuttie Posts: 84Registered Users
    I have this, but I only used it once and clearly remember putting eco styler of top of it and my hair came out okay. I should revisit this. :happy3:

Empressri: I just want to say I think about half the products I own is because of you, lol.
    Last relaxer: June 16, 2009
    First and LAST texturizer: September 30, 2009 :angry4:

BC 1: September 30, 2009 (Horrible!)
    BC 2: November 10, 2009
    BC 3: November 24, 2009

Hair Type: :dontknow:

I AM A PRODUCT JUNKIE! :happy10:

• empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    tuuttie wrote: »
    I have this, but I only used it once and clearly remember putting eco styler of top of it and my hair came out okay. I should revisit this. :happy3:

Empressri: I just want to say I think about half the products I own is because of you, lol.

lmao!!!!!!!!!! hahaha suuuuure blame it on meeeeeeee :toothy4:

thanks sis, going to try it under the ecostyler
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • NaturallyNikéNaturallyNiké Posts: 364Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I tried it earlier this week..paired up with 14 n 1 it gave my hair a really soft hold. It felt like there was no product in my hair...I never thought of using it under eco style though, since it is a gel...i'll try it again this weekend...
    Niké (Nee-Kay):nike:

My world of curls
    2hchy5z.jpg3C/4A,Fine-Meduim,Thick, Lo Porosity

http://public.fotki.com/lilnicka4u2nv/

Leave-in/Moisturizer: Giovanni Direct Leave in
    Sealants:EVOO, JBCO, Crisco
    DC:Matrix Condtioning Balm,Giovanni SAS,Honey, Glycerin
    Shampoo:Dr.Bronner's Castile soap bar
    Styler: Flaxseed,DM Miracurl, SheaMoist Smoothie, OYH S&D
  • sobecurlsobecurl Posts: 313Registered Users
    I tried it earlier this week..paired up with 14 n 1 it gave my hair a really soft hold. It felt like there was no product in my hair...I never thought of using it under eco style though, since it is a gel...i'll try it again this weekend...

I have been thinking about using the 14 in 1, but have been hesitant because of the mineral oil. How do you like it? Do you have product buildup?

On other sites it gets lots of great reviews. I'm looking for something that will keep my hair in check this summer since I want to do more wash n go's or something that can be a good mid-week mositurizer for my braid outs.
    Over 10 years natural and still growing...
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users Curl Novice
    sobecurl wrote: »

I have been thinking about using the 14 in 1, but have been hesitant because of the mineral oil. How do you like it? Do you have product buildup?

On other sites it gets lots of great reviews. I'm looking for something that will keep my hair in check this summer since I want to do more wash n go's or something that can be a good mid-week mositurizer for my braid outs.

I used the 14n1, when I was in braids. It worked really nice as a moisturizer. It does foam up and turn white though. You have to make sure you rub it in once you spray it. It was nice but I dont think Im going to repurchase it

the curl activator gel works perfect under the eco styler gel. I think I used too much because my hair was too soft
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I see this has glycerine in it, so I don't think I'll be using this product.. my hair hatessss glycerine.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • MiiSS kECiiaMiiSS kECiia Posts: 6Registered Users
    i was wondering about this product also.. i use the 14-in-1 its my staple moisturizer i love it!
    used it tonight with my nubian heritage raw shea butter styling souffle underneath and the olive oil ecostyler on top. hair feels good so far!!
    [/B]
  • mzmillionmzmillion Posts: 874Registered Users
    Ri, you know we so want pictures....
    4a/b hair that fro's more than curls!
    Co-Wash: Tressemme', HE, Avon
    Leave In: SM Shea Butter Conditioner. SMCH Smoothie
    Deep Treat: Avon AT Masks, Henna, Amla, Avanti
    Stylers: Aloe Vera Butter, Eco Styler on dry hair, SM products
    My Fotki - 1/22
    My Twitter
    My Youtube

• caracara01caracara01 Posts: 119Registered Users
    I just recently used the HS dry gel under my regular gel. I got good results beause the dry gel does not shrink hair. Very soft hold, but if you use too much, it will be greasy/sticky. I used it on slightly damp hair.

I actually like it better than Long Aid because Long Aid made my hair shrink into a one inch twa. lol
    Coily/low porosity/fine
    BC 08*14*09
    mzmillion wrote: »
    Ri, you know we so want pictures....

dang...i would but my eyebrows might scare yall...i need to see my lady theresa so she can handle that!!! lol
    [/B]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file