Water challenge

Anyone up for it? I'm aiming for about 4-6 (8 oz) glasses of water per day. I drink tea in the mornings and Powerade at night while working out so the rest of my fluids are covered. I just have trouble drinking straight plain water. So that's what I'll be drinking. :thumbup:

Comments

• irociroc Central MassRegistered Users Posts: 7,890 Curl Neophyte
    I am! I always lecture myself on how I need to drink more water.

I haven't been making much iced tea lately, so I just drink coffee in the morning. I should easily be able to drink water all day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mamacurl3Mamacurl3 Registered Users Posts: 1,559
    How much tea are you drinking, and is it decaff? Also how much powerade are you getting at night? with 4-6 cups of water plus that, you might be where you need to be:)
    Try adding ice and slices of lemon, lime, tangerine or cukes to your water:thumbup:
    Type: 3a/3b, fine-medium
    Cleanse: hg:whispering windz farm jar soaps,
    Moisture/Co rinse: GVP conditioning balm
    DT: Jessicurl's dt
    Leave in: KCKT
    Definition: kccc
    Hold: rotating: gvp liquid scuplting gel
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    http://s722.photobucket.com/albums/ww223/mamacurl7/
    "My father says almost the whole world's asleep...He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant, total amazement."
    Traveling? http://katiebutton.rovia.com/
  • Stephanie198907Stephanie198907 Registered Users Posts: 2,607 Curl Neophyte
    I wish adding Crystal Light powdered drink mixes to my water could count? My water bottle holds 16oz of water, i think (it's in my room), and I refill it a few times a day. There is no way I would drink the same amount of water that I do now if I didn't add a drink mix for flavor.
    What do cukes taste like?
    Last Relaxer: Nov. 07
    BC: May. 2010 (30 months)
    Hair Type: thick 4b/4a
    Current length: back at APL
    Goal length: hip :color:
    Staples: natural growth aides
  • curledlovecurledlove Registered Users Posts: 444
    I want to join! The recommended amount of water per day is said to be 8 glasses a day, but realy that caries by weight. Its really your body weight divided by 2, thats the amount you are supposed to drink in ounces. So I wegh about 110lbs, 110 divided by 2 is 55, I am supposed to drink 55ozs of water per day. Since I usually work out very early in the morning I spend the rest of the day drinking water, but thats totally ruined when I work out at night. Maybe joining will keep me motivated. I think my lack of water also has to do with why my hair is so dry.
    3c/4a
    I made it! Tailbone length stretched, WL curly

Teri Laflesh's book "Curly Like Me" sits on my desk and everytime I get frustrated and an impulse tells me to shave my head, I look at it in hopes that one day my hair will graze the top of my butt.

event.png

event.png
    also it's liquids, not just water. You want to get mostly water, but decaffeinated drinks count too.
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    "My father says almost the whole world's asleep...He says only a few people are awake. And they live in a state of constant, total amazement."
  • CurlyInFlipFlopsCurlyInFlipFlops Registered Users Posts: 28
    I'm joining! I have been drinking a lot of tea and coffee but I have Fibrocystic issues with my breasts so it's been causing some pain. I hate drinking straight water, and it even gives me nausea in the morning when I drink it. I usually have to drink tea or juice instead.
    Hopefully this thread will help keep me motivated! And maybe I can get past the nausea thing :)
  • irociroc Central MassRegistered Users Posts: 7,890 Curl Neophyte
    Blah, blah, blah, any fluids count. Everything counts as water.

Ya, I've heard it all too, but in my experience, counting all that other stuff does not have the same effect as drinking straight water.

Anywhoo - I didn't get much water in at all today. I had a cup of coffee this morning. I had a medium iced coffee this afternoon. And after 400 calories of beverages, I just got up to get water now.

I'm a work in progress.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    lol Iroc...well just sayin:tongue10:

had 4c water and 2c decaffed tea before lunch
    during lunch another cup of water
    after run 4c water and 2c gatorade
    dinner 1c tea (decaffed), 2c water, 1c milk

thirsty day! had a long run today though, so needed those fluids, will likely have another pint of water before bed still feeling thirsty.
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Mamacurl3 wrote: »
    How much tea are you drinking, and is it decaff? Also how much powerade are you getting at night? with 4-6 cups of water plus that, you might be where you need to be:)
    Try adding ice and slices of lemon, lime, tangerine or cukes to your water:thumbup:
    z

Tea - decaff average 12oz mug
    Powerade is 32oz.

I'm just sipping the water through the day. Doing good so far. :) I'm pretty sure it's the right amount because no extra trips to the bathrooms.
    sounds good Speckla!
    today: 2c water, 2c tea before lunch
    2c water during lunch
    2c tea after lunch
    2c water with snack
    2c water with dinner
    4c water during workout
    2c gatorade

my eyeballs are swimming :p
    ACV rinse bi-weekly
    I refilled my 32oz water bottle 3x's today. I'm using Lipton and Crystal light powdered drink mixes. 96oz of water today......so far.
    I don't wait until I feel thirty and I try to sip on something all day. I cut back if the potty trips increase. I tend to go to the bathroom every two hours. Anything more than that and I know I'm getting too much fluid.
  • CurlyPolkaDotCurlyPolkaDot Registered Users Posts: 1,174
    Can I join? I've been to hospital for de-hydration and have been very ill about 6 times because of de-hydration as well......And I've only had like 1 glass of water today. Hmm. I just feel like my body doesn't need the water though..
    2c/3a - M/C - ii/iii
    Countess DuckyDot :duckie: , Keeper of the book of Vegetarianism and Arty Pants, Leader of the Curly Ducks in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Away and might not be back. See me at: http://walkintowhispers.blogspot.com/
    Yep, c'mon board.
    2-8 oz crystal lights.
    I drank about 4-16oz bottles of water today. I always drink a lot more during spring and summer. I worked up quite a sweat at the gym and drank 1 bottle before and 1 bottle afterwards.
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Registered Users Posts: 3,077
    I am trying to drink more water, too, though I am always bad about tracking things. :)

So far, I've been doing well because I made a big pitcher of unsweetened iced tea that I've been drinking when I don't want to drink water. It has just enough flavor to make it more interesting, but has no calories or caffeine.
    yesterday I only had 32oz of water. I was really thirsty yesterday but could not bring myself to drink anything. I'm going to up my water intake today since I've been knockin' back aspirin like a mad woman.
    64+ oz of water today.
  • newbraidernewbraider Registered Users Posts: 207
    I'm doing very well with this. I did it for a month or two last year. I was drinking straight water back then but I quit. This year I found a 5 calorie lemonade. It was pretty harsh straight up but I am mixing it half and half with water now. So far, i'm doing very well at getting my eight glasses and I think I will continue doing well since it's now a lemony sweat treat all the time instead of a chore half the time.

Thanks for the water intake formula, curledlove!
    Hair type - 4b :: Current Length - Zilch inches
    Umpteenth (+1) big chop - December 5, 2011
    Weight loss goal tracker :: Lost 12 pounds

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file