Roots???

Shelbynicole91Shelbynicole91 Posts: 72Registered Users
ok so i posted another topic a bit ago about dying, and now im wondering, see my mom says that if i get it dyed im gonna have to get root touch ups for ever, and i dont want that, my hairs like a light brown color now, and i want to get my blonde back, (blonde is its naturaul) it got brown from winter though, so idk what to do, is their a way to get it where i wont have roots? do you have roots with highlights? the thing is i want it to be real blonde again, but i cant do all over color and i dont want roots? is that impossible? lol...:( plz?? help??

Comments

• banjocurlbanjocurl Posts: 1,031Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    ok so i posted another topic a bit ago about dying, and now im wondering, see my mom says that if i get it dyed im gonna have to get root touch ups for ever, and i dont want that, my hairs like a light brown color now, and i want to get my blonde back, (blonde is its naturaul) it got brown from winter though, so idk what to do, is their a way to get it where i wont have roots? do you have roots with highlights? the thing is i want it to be real blonde again, but i cant do all over color and i dont want roots? is that impossible? lol...:( plz?? help??

roots are what happens when your natural hair grows in and it is a different color than the hair that is dyed. with highlights the roots are not as noticeable, you can go longer without coloring them. I do my own roots, it is not so hard to do. as long as hair grows, roots will happen. no way around it!
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
  • JaxieJaxie Posts: 1,282Registered Users
    If you dye or lighten your hair to anything different than its natural color you will get roots. Highlight roots are not as noticeable. But as far as becoming really blonde and not getting most of your hair lightened and/or no roots, it can't happen. HTH. ~~jax
    2c or 3a Cut most of my hair off in July '12 and am working on regrowing it.
  • Shelbynicole91Shelbynicole91 Posts: 72Registered Users
    o, ok, well thanks guys, i guess im just gonna get highlights and see how it looks :wink:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file