Relaxed hair does NOT stay relaxed!

TheSauveTheSauve Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi,

I'm not really sure what my hair type would be but probably 3b.

I use Mizani Mild Butter Blend relaxer on my hair to relax it but my hair doesn't seem to stay relaxed.

Immediately after I relax, I wait the recommended times, neutralize it, condition it, rinse it out and my hair is PERFECT. No stray aways, NO curls, SMOOTH, doesn't stick up in areas.

But the day after when I take a shower my hair acts as if it has never been relaxed. The curls are back, the sides don't like to cooperate, and the WORST part is the back of my head. When I relax my hair the last part of my hair near my neck is perfectly straight. I can feel the laying against my neck.

But a day after when I take my shower the back of my head springs up in immense curls. I try to gel it down with V05 and use anti-frizz creme but it seems to only exaggerate the curls.

I relax every month but I'm thinking of doing it sooner. I know some people get a lot of hair breakage or split ends but my hair is usually very tough. I don't get split ends, or hair breakage or anything.

Comments

• afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That is what it's suppose to do. Relaxing loosens the curl and takes the headache out of detangling but it will not make your hair bone straight. Maybe a different relaxer will but more than likely it won't.

I don't know about anyone else but my hair never stayed straight with a relaxer just by itself. When you wash it's going to curl and frizz so you need to flat iron/rollerset/wrap for it to be perfectly straight. It's one of the reason AA women who relax only wash once a week.

You may think your hair is tough because it won't straighten but believe me it's not. Overprocessing will damage your hair.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • TheSauveTheSauve Posts: 2Registered Users
    My hair is to short to use a straightener. When I straighten my hair it sticks straight up as if I were trying to spike it or something.

Do you know if blow drying instead of air drying will help me achieve a straighter effect?

Also, what does "wrapping" it mean?
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You may want to wrap then if your hair is too short.

Definition: Wrapping

Visuals
    1) This is a short video tutorial.

2) This is what she does the next day when she unwraps
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • Sigh-SidheSigh-Sidhe Posts: 57Registered Users
    i know this reply isn't helpful, but the title reminded me of how my mom would always comment before she took me to the salon to get my hair relaxed "i don't know why they call it a permanent.. they should call it a temporary"
    o_0;

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file