Thinning Hair--Biotin + UltraNourihair=Results (Pix Inside)

SparxHovaSparxHova Registered Users Posts: 27
Hey guys please post your before and after results as well.

I've been thinning in the front and that's why I stopped applying heat to my hair and braiding.

I generally wear my hair out but I'm in law school and I have a lot of job interviews so a pony tail works better than my Jamie Yager hair.lol.

But back to the results, i'm happy with this combo of supps. This is after a month. Hopefully it gets better. Check it out:
BeforeAfterBiotin-vi.jpg

Also, I noticed that the
3C/4A mix
120x90-vi.jpg437x5-vi.jpg
Herbal Essence Hello Hydration

Biotera Curl Creme and Styling Gel or Kinky Curly Knot Today and Curly Custard

Jessiecurl weekly deep conditioning treatment or Mixed Chicks deep conditioning treatment

All sorts of oils.:compress:
http://public.fotki.com/Sparxhova/

Comments

• Heather0kayHeather0kay Registered Users Posts: 667 Curl Neophyte
    Wow! Much improvement!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Type: 3a, fine, thin, low porosity Water/Climate: soft/ marine Washes: water w/washcloth, shikakai, clay Condition: Style:Seamollient, CurlsPFCCP, Miracurl, Gel-les'c, CK; rudeechick's super soaker method; blot, air dry 30 min; diffuse
  • LiliputLiliput Registered Users Posts: 55
    Thanks for the pics. You are so brave. I have so many problems with my hair right now that I will be checking out your recipe as soon as we get paid (my husband get paid, but I always say (we") :flower:
  • Blithe2Blithe2 Registered Users Posts: 40
    After only a month??? Please post your supplement regimen. Ultranourish - is that GNC? I have been taking biotin along with liquid biosil and silica in tablet form along with various other supplements and STILL HAVEN'T seen results the way you have. I've been on them 90 days too.

I lost ALOT of hair about two years ago due to extreme weight loss due to stress. My hair still hasn't recovered. Any advice you may have would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I'm very happy for you. I know you must be with the results you have had.
  • connemara22connemara22 Registered Users Posts: 69
    I can't wait to see what you are using (exactly)....I need some help :)

please let us know what you are using (ultranourihair?) IN what amounts....etc....great results....good luck!!!
  • MirCurlsMirCurls Registered Users Posts: 2,660 Curl Neophyte
    That is a noticeable difference.

My hubby's hair was thinning fast last yaer, and I put him on Biotin and Flaxseed and his hair started thickening up again. He stopped taking the supplements, and I noticed his hair is thinning again. Time to get on his case for the Biotin and Flaxseed agian. :) I want to check out your supplement, too.

I sometimes have thinning episodes when my thyroid moves a bit out of my optimal range (which is very narrow). I hate that, hair shedding all over the place. I leave hairs on the couch like a dog during those phases and clog the sink. Pain in ye hiney.

Hope it continues to improve foryou.
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • SparxHovaSparxHova Registered Users Posts: 27
    Yeah, I take 2 of the Ultra Nourishhair tabs + 1 Biotin 5000 capsule (both are from GNC). And I've been conditioning with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration (cheap stuff but good), twice a week. I've been spritz MSM Powder 1000 (from vitamin shoppe) and water in my hair in the morning. And I've been trying this deep conditioner that my girlfriend gave me. It's SUPER STRENGTHENING! It's called Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner. Definitely try.

I've cut a lot of oils out because I've been wearing my hair in a pony tail and I noticed that they make my hair a little frizzy (am i the only one?). But i've also been using Generic Value Product's GVP Conditioning Balm, Biotera Curl Creme, and Biolage Gelee (which I don't think is CG, by the way).

Baking Soda treatment and Alma treatment once a month on opposite weeks. (<--Not sure if either of these really help but I'm in it for the long haul) And going to start using the Cherry Lola treatment once a week (especially when i leave my hair out), because my hair seems to love it. Frizz just evaporates.

As for regular supps, I take 2 tablets each of C-1000 with rose hips and Mega Man. But sure neither of those contribute to anything hair related.lol

Nothing really special I guess but I hope this helps.:smile:
    3C/4A mix
    120x90-vi.jpg437x5-vi.jpg
    Herbal Essence Hello Hydration

Biotera Curl Creme and Styling Gel or Kinky Curly Knot Today and Curly Custard

Jessiecurl weekly deep conditioning treatment or Mixed Chicks deep conditioning treatment

All sorts of oils.:compress:
    http://public.fotki.com/Sparxhova/
  • naturalknaturalk Registered Users Posts: 3
    My Mom's hair is thinning badly at the top also due to braiding and stress. I am definitely going to have her start taking those supplements. You are very brave, thank you so much for this information!! Congrats on law school and good luck on your interviews!
  • Little RedLittle Red Registered Users Posts: 103
    I'll definitely hit my local GNC this weekend and purchase the Ultra Nourishair.
    Curl Type: 2b/2c
    Porosity: Normal
    Elasticity: Normal (I get breakage when I pre-poo and then when I shampoo it all out and then some more over the course of the next 24 hours.)
    Texture: Medium
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Wonderful results!
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • coilynappcoilynapp Registered Users Posts: 4,233
    great results :)
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • GoddessLalaGoddessLala Registered Users Posts: 351
    Great results! I may have to try that.
  • dannysgirl777dannysgirl777 Registered Users Posts: 70
    Wow, that looks SO GOOD!!!
    ~Kristen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<<-working my way back to this!!
    My hair when I was 17 and had no idea how to flatten it.
  • CurliTressesCurliTresses Registered Users Posts: 119
    Awesome results:thumbleft:. Love your hair btw.
    HairType: multi-texture 3a/b/c
  • Ldybulldogs17Ldybulldogs17 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Can women take these? or does that even matter?
  • Eighty7Eighty7 Registered Users Posts: 109
    you guys are going to end up with mustaches.
    Last Relaxer : March 2, 2010.
    Big Chop : June 8, 2011
  • KarenRB53KarenRB53 Registered Users Posts: 355
    MirCurls wrote: »

My hubby's hair was thinning fast last yaer, and I put him on Biotin and Flaxseed and his hair started thickening up again. He stopped taking the supplements, and I noticed his hair is thinning again. Time to get on his case for the Biotin and Flaxseed agian. :) I want to check out your supplement, too.

I sometimes have thinning episodes when my thyroid moves a bit out of my optimal range (which is very narrow). I hate that, hair shedding all over the place. I leave hairs on the couch like a dog during those phases and clog the sink. Pain in ye hiney.

I have problems with thyroid also and thinning hair. Do you use the Biotin and did you check out the Ultra Nourishhair tabs?
    3b, fine textured,thin and normal to high porosity.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    I wish i could take the biotin but it made me break out with cystic acne. That was about a year or more ago-maybe I should try it again. But hate the thought of having to clear up the acne if it still does it.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    KarenRB53 wrote: »
    MirCurls wrote: »

I have problems with thyroid also and thinning hair. Do you use the Biotin and did you check out the Ultra Nourishhair tabs?

Already answered this. See the thread on "volume" where you asked this. :)
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09

Curl Junkie Conditions!

~CJ Protein Tx

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • curly*pixiecurly*pixie Registered Users Posts: 23
    Hey SparxHova, great improvement! Could you please share your receipe for your msm water spritz with me? Can it be any MSM powder? Thanks :p
    3a/b, fine, medium porositiy
    CG since February 2010

co-wash: suave, cj daily fix, cj smoothing conditioner
    dt:mop top dc, cj curl rehab, spritz&condish
    pt:cj curl fix
    styler: KCCC+KCKT, Jessicurl, AG RE:Coil, CJ CCCC Lite, Komaza Coconut Pudding... (and much more, I'm a pj:love7:)
    German/American Curly Girl living in Germany

http://public.fotki.com/29071981
    xcptnl wrote: »
    I wish i could take the biotin but it made me break out with cystic acne. That was about a year or more ago-maybe I should try it again. But hate the thought of having to clear up the acne if it still does it.

Since menopause, my cystic acne calmed own 90%, but I'm starting to get some again. I think I need to do Biotin once every other day and see how that goes. If I have to stop, I will. I'd rather be thin on top than have big huge painful zits again. I have enough pock marks/scars from a lifetime of zits. I don't want new ones when I'm 50!
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09

Curl Junkie Conditions!

~CJ Protein Tx

• goldenswirlsgoldenswirls Registered Users Posts: 5
    one month! Wow, those results are really great. You must be so happy :)
  • babyjack00babyjack00 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Wow! That gives me so much hope for my super thin hair! Thank you so much for sharing your supp routine!

Me in a nutshell:
    Type: 3b/3c permanently dyed (grey coverage)
    Norm porosity, fine and thin.
    CG since 12/10

Still looking for my HG.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file