CurlTalk

type 2 and 3 - confused....

anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users
I just happened to look over on the 3a boards, and I noticed that some of the girl's pictures look like they are really 2's to me. Does anyone else ever notice this?
I know that we shouldn't really care too much about hair typing, but is there a very fine line between 2's and 3a's? I'm not sure. :dontknow:
Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
2b-c/F/ii
:dog:

Comments

• wavyblondewavyblonde Posts: 1,637Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think there's a pretty fine line between 2c and 3a, especially given that the Fia description says 2c curlies can have some spirals. I notice there are lots of girls (me included) who describe themselves as 2c/3a. I feel like I'm a wavy overall, but I have some spirals.

I think some folks just like the idea of being a curly, rather than a wavy, too. ;-)
    2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
    Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
    Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
    Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
    SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
    http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/
  • finaleofseemfinaleofseem Posts: 900Registered Users
    I don't know that there's such a thin line, really. I can get parts of my hair to look 3a (like today I'm sporting ringlets), but I'm really not a 3a overall.

That said, I do get the impression that a lot of ladies on here want to be 3s, as opposed to a 2. Could be why they go over to the 3a forum.

Either way, I don't think curl type is really all that important, and 3a gals may also deal with a lot of the things we 2s deal with (i.e. not getting root curl, inconsistent curl patterns, what-have-you). So at least if they're in the "wrong" section, at least they're posting to people who have similar hair woes as they do.

But to answer your question: yes, I do notice that. :)
    2b/cMii, medium-high porosity

Likes protein and most oils, HATES mineral oil
    Summer Routine
    Poo: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Cowash CJ Daily Fix
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Leave In: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, SSRPT
    Stylers: Ecostyler Krystal, LALSG (in really high dews)
    PT: SS Repairing Protein Treatment
  • finaleofseemfinaleofseem Posts: 900Registered Users
    wavyblonde wrote: »
    I think there's a pretty fine line between 2c and 3a, especially given that the Fia description says 2c curlies can have some spirals. I notice there are lots of girls (me included) who describe themselves as 2c/3a. I feel like I'm a wavy overall, but I have some spirals.

I think some folks just like the idea of being a curly, rather than a wavy, too. ;-)
    We think alike, you and I :)
    2b/cMii, medium-high porosity

Likes protein and most oils, HATES mineral oil
    Summer Routine
    Poo: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Cowash CJ Daily Fix
    Rinse out: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    Leave In: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, SSRPT
    Stylers: Ecostyler Krystal, LALSG (in really high dews)
    PT: SS Repairing Protein Treatment