Lloyd's Saltspring Island Organics Hair and Body Pack

plunkybugplunkybug Registered Users Posts: 2,526
x-posted from Weekly PJ Buys...but questions at the bottom

I got Lloyd's Saltspring Island Organics Hair and Body Pack in the Citrus Squeeze scent. I almost went for the Paradise Found, but the label was hard to read. I like both scents anyway...they're similar.

hairbodypack.png

Ingredients:

Direct micro-expelling (DME™) extra-virgin coconut oil; apricot oil; jojoba oil; rice bran oil; sunflower oil; rosehip oil.

Directions:

For your hair, massage a small amount (about the size of a twoonie) into your scalp at least 15 minutes before you wash your hair, or use it at night before bed for a truly deep treatment. Great for strengthening and repairing colour-treated, damaged or dry hair. Can be used daily or as a weekly deep conditioner.

For your skin, massage another twoonie-sized amount all over your body after your shower or bath to experience an overall, healthy glow that will last all day. Can be used daily – and even as a hand moisturizer or lip balm.

More details here.

So, I'm wondering if I should be applying this to wet or dry hair, and whether I should just stay at the scalp like the directions say or cover all of my hair with it. I'd think a treatment like this would be beneficial to all the hair, not just the scalp. Should I still use a conditioner after I wash it out? Whatdya think ladies? It's basically coconut oil with a few other oils added in, though I don't really know much about using coconut oil for hair, only that lots of you dig it. :)

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

Comments

• plunkybugplunkybug Registered Users Posts: 2,526
    I just found an old thread I started on coconut pre-wash + the a-cone=locking in moisture (I forgot I even wrote it!), so I think I'll follow the info in that for a start. That said, I'm open to additional info and suggestions.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file