Laura Geller products -- anyone here use them?

munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I just ordered some Laura Geller Spackle primer. Does anyone here use it? There is no place locally where I can get it to try so I finally broke down and ordered some. What about Laura Geller makeup -- anyone here use it?
3b/c

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have two of her products: mineral eye shadow and facial contour (pressed) powder. No complaints.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Phoenix, thanks.

I will report in on the Spackle when it arrives.
    3b/c
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I can't believe you just started this thread...I just ordered my 1st laura geller product - the real deal cream concealer - can't wait to get it! Let us know if you like your spackle. :)
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
    VTmom wrote: »
    I can't believe you just started this thread...I just ordered my 1st laura geller product - the real deal cream concealer - can't wait to get it! Let us know if you like your spackle. :)

Should have it by the end of the week. I will try it over the weekend and report back in after a couple days.

Do me a favor and let us know how you like the concealer too.
    3b/c
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Man.. I have been reckless eyeballing that Spackle stuff she makes for eons now.. it's been on QVC more times that can recall.

All I hear is that is so great. I don't neccessarily know that I need it.. but I would like to try the eye spackle stuff.. it's a primer of sorts, right ?

I don't know why I haven't just went ahead and purchased... as much as I am on the QVC website for pete's sake.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I haven't tried any of her products yet, but I came THIS close to getting her Today's Special Value this week on QVC. But I stopped myself. Need to save money for summer fun. : )
    But man, I really wish I would have gotten it.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    I haven't tried any of her products yet, but I came THIS close to getting her Today's Special Value this week on QVC. But I stopped myself. Need to save money for summer fun. : )

Actually, I ordered it too. I splurged. My total order was more than I have ever spent on makeup at one time. I ordered the medium because I have some color from having just been on vacation. Just hope it is the right shade. That is the only problem when you order on line. There are several products in the kit I am anxious to try. I will report on them in a week or so after I have tried them for a few days.
    3b/c
    munchkin wrote: »

Actually, I ordered it too. I splurged. My total order was more than I have ever spent on makeup at one time. I ordered the medium because I have some color from having just been on vacation. Just hope it is the right shade. That is the only problem when you order on line. There are several products in the kit I am anxious to try. I will report on them in a week or so after I have tried them for a few days.
    I really wanted the Today Special too, but settled for just the concealer. I also wasn't sure whether to get the light or medium, but decided on the medium. I've made the mistake before of going too light and then looking funny. :oops: Mine was shipped today, so I should have it by the end of the week.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
    My TSV arrived today. Imagine the Spackle will be here tomorrow. I tried it this evening.

I think I need to practice more with the brighten concealer. Supposed to glide on with the end of the tube. I had to smooth it with my finger. Maybe it just takes practice.

I will say though I think I am really really going to like the foundation. It gives really good coverage. I am, for a first try, really happy with it (and the color is a good shade - I was worried it would be too dark - not at all).

I have been using bronzer and not blush for a couple years. I like the color of the blush that was in the kit but think I put it on too heavy. Will have to practice that. As I said though, I do like the color of it - nice subtle rose.

My face feels very smooth. I like that.

Think I am going to be very happy with this.

OMG, I just reread this and did I use the word really a lot!!
    3b/c
    I'm glad you're liking it so far. I thought the baked foundation looked interesting. The spackle you ordered is a primer, no?

VTmom wrote: »
    I'm glad you're liking it so far. I thought the baked foundation looked interesting. The spackle you ordered is a primer, no?

Spackle is a primer, correct. I find the foundation gives me better coverage (and still looks light) than Bare Escentuals.
    3b/c
    munchkin wrote: »
    I find the foundation gives me better coverage (and still looks light) than Bare Escentuals.
    wow...that's pretty good. I use pur minerals and really like it, but I always like to have a Plan B.

My concealer came on Friday. I've only used a teensy weensy bit under my eyes and on one small broken capillary spot. So far so good, but I want to be very cautious not to use it on too much of my face until I determine for sure that it won't break me out. My face is clearer now than it has been in years, and I'm deathly afraid to mess with success.

Spackle just arrived yesterday. Give me a couple days and I will report in on it.
    3b/c
    Have used the Spackle for two days now. I will have to say I do like it. Last primer I used made my face break out and made it feel oily. This is light and so far has not caused any breakouts.

All in all, will have to admit I like these products. The foundation gives good coverage but still feels very light. The Spackle does seem to make the makeup stay on my face longer. The blush is a nice natural shade. I would definitely buy this again.
    3b/c

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file