What did you curlies do with your hair for prom?

curlyerikacurlyerika Registered Users Posts: 247
What did you do? Did you style it yourself? Did you get it styled professionally? Down? Up? Half-up? Did you straighten it?
ModCG since 2/20/2010 :blob5:
2something with 3a/b ringlets underneath. Fi-ii. Med-High porousity. Super dense.
Lo-poo: Chi Hydrating Silk Bath
Condish & Leave-in: Tresemme Naturals
Styling: Ecostyler Krystal
Can be weighed down. Slightly sensitive to glycerin. Trying to grow to BSL.

Gels

Dislikes:
LALSG
Honey

Comments

• chelseatom_tomchelseatom_tom Registered Users Posts: 41
    I got mine styled professionally in an updo and I LOVED IT!

I had a dress with flowers on the skirt, but when I got it hemmed, I had to lose one... so the lady took it off the fabric and gave it back to me. I made it into a hair pin and put it in my hair.

But sadly, I got up late and didn't have time to shower (in Utah, you have to do a "day activity" with your date before you start getting ready)... so I showed up at the hair place with a big frizzball hidden under a baseball cap. I almost cried when the stylist asked me if I had "a little bit of a natural curl" -- I was sitting there thinking, "you have no idea."

So she ended up curling it... with a curling iron. But she gently pinned it up into a really large side bun and it looked gorgeous. Plus I have an endless supply of bobby pins now!
    Meet Chelsea: a curly-haired (type 2c/3a and very porous), half-Japanese 18-year-old with a lot on her mind.
    Just beginning to embrace the curls!
    At the moment:
    Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals
    Conditioner: Burt's Bees Very Volumizing
    Leave-In: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
    Gel: Kinky-Curly Curling Custard
    I love my life!

fax3ja.jpg
  • xxmissyxxxxmissyxx Registered Users Posts: 31
    hope i'm not posting too late!! i actually got mine professionally curled and kind of pinned half up half down i really loved it - it was still curly but way neater than my usual look :P but actually my cousin's hair at her prom looked beautiful and she left it natural - she has a really long fringe and swept it all to the side - left a few curls hanging down at the front and pinned the rest up at the back - she wore a tiara and used a lotttt of wet look mousse!! hope it helps! xxx
  • wmvbugwmvbug Registered Users Posts: 43
    Well, the day before I got out of the shower and braided my hair in pigtails with a ton of gel. The next day (prom) I took out the braids. This way my hair was calm and manageable. Then I started curling my hair on a horizontal slant so the curls would be more loose rather than hacing ringlets. Then I curld my bangs like Taylor Swift and was good to go. Basically, everyone told me my hair looked like taylor swifts. It was really simple and the only regret I have is that the hair spray I used while curling my hair wasnt Curly Girl approved :[
    3b hair

Started CG July 29th 2009!

:D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file