CurlTalk

Really not a recipe post but..

NyCurLiiNyCurLii Posts: 58Registered Users
I have been having horrible luck when it comes to my skin ever since I hit puberty. Almost every acne treatment I have tried. And I actually have a very bad allergy to proactiv. (my poor face blew up like a blow fish!) but anyways. I have gone from drinking nothing but water, to not eating chocolate, to only eating salads and veggies and nothing has helped!:mad: I recently started using black soap on my hair and after some more research I found that it does wonders for the skin as well. So like all other products I went out and bought it... Has anyone else tried using black soap for the skin and seen any kind of results? I'd like to know if I am wasting my time. I bought Ambi's black soap....Also I have LOTS of blemishes on my face, so I bought the Ambi fade cream... I really havent heard of anything about the fade cream so any testimonials would be great!!! T.I.A
:homework:...Doing the homework on my hair but failing miserably!
*B.C 3.18.10*

I'm slowly going crazy over the progress of my hair... I'm content with the length but the texture is not how i want it!

Comments

• curlyhairmichukcurlyhairmichuk Posts: 860Registered Users
    NyCurLii wrote: »
    I have been having horrible luck when it comes to my skin ever since I hit puberty. Almost every acne treatment I have tried. And I actually have a very bad allergy to proactiv. (my poor face blew up like a blow fish!) but anyways. I have gone from drinking nothing but water, to not eating chocolate, to only eating salads and veggies and nothing has helped!:mad: I recently started using black soap on my hair and after some more research I found that it does wonders for the skin as well. So like all other products I went out and bought it... Has anyone else tried using black soap for the skin and seen any kind of results? I'd like to know if I am wasting my time. I bought Ambi's black soap....Also I have LOTS of blemishes on my face, so I bought the Ambi fade cream... I really havent heard of anything about the fade cream so any testimonials would be great!!! T.I.A

I read about this and got the black soap for my teenage son and it works good for his skin. I also use it on my face because I like it! (Haven't used it on hair tho). don't know if you're UK or not but you can get it at Akamuti.co.uk if you are ;)
    UK curly

fine to medium strands, porous, medium density
    CG May 2009 - low poo occasionally
    Co-wash: Tresemme Naturals
    Styling -Naked Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, Mop Top, FSG
    Product for a good hair day: FSG or Mop Top
    Hair loves protein!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlyhairmichuk%2F" class="Popup
    new pics added Jan 2012

Enjoying the freedom of going curly!:wave:
    Duchess of Alba, Keeper of the Tartan Curls in The Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • NyCurLiiNyCurLii Posts: 58Registered Users
    No I am not Im in the US :sad1:. But thank you maybe there is some hope for me as well. At 23 I'm ready to kick the bad acne once and for all! :boxing: I have been using black soap infused with shea butter for about 3 weeks now and I love it. From the way it smells to the curls it leaves. Oh and it makes me hair soft and more manageable! And who doesn't want that?
    :homework:...Doing the homework on my hair but failing miserably!
    *B.C 3.18.10*

I'm slowly going crazy over the progress of my hair... I'm content with the length but the texture is not how i want it!
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    You may be interested in this thread: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=2655

It's helped my dry, sensitive skin. People with your issues have been helped, too.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taltaltaltal Posts: 614Registered Users
    Hi NyCurli,
    What is your facial routine ?
    Have you tried using certain oils on your face ? Many people with acne tend to completely avoid putting oil on their face, while in many cases many oils can actually help. Oils like castor, neem, borage, etc. I have read about very good results by doing the Oil cleansing method. There is a lot of information about it on the internet.
    Another thing you might want to try is oil pulling. Here is a video on oil pulling for acne treatment
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DeGB-f2bxQ4U%26amp%3Bfeature%3Drelated" class="Popup

Sometimes allergy to some kinds of foods (dairy products, foods which contain gluten etc. ) might be the cause. Have you done allergy tests ?

What is your facial routine ? Which products do you use for cleaning/moisturizing etc ?

Please give some more details, so we may try to help more.

I hope this helps.
  • bedheadbedhead Posts: 9Registered Users
    I'm not familiar with black soap, but I just wanted to mention that boring old Cetaphil and a gentle toner really helped me without overdrying. (Aveda Outer Peace pads were wonderful when I was getting over a very bad skin episode.)
    The very best thing I did for my adult acne was an appointment with an esthetician, though. The actual esthetician definitely makes a difference. I went once when my regular lady was out of town and her replacement was not helpful.
    Using a higher quality mineral makeup purchased through a cosmetic surgeon also helps me. Less filler makes it less irritating and the minerals also create a barrier that keeps out environmental irritants.
    I know that's not the info you were looking for, but breaking out in my 20s was a terrible experience -- I really hope you've found something that works for you!