bare minerals + cold weather = dry skin :(

BeachBlondeWavieBeachBlondeWavie Posts: 159Registered Users
so the weathers been getting a little colder and ive been doing my same routine- proactice cleanser,toner, lotion, then i wait 5 minutes use moisturizier then i use id minderals primer and put on my beloved bare mineral foundation....

thing is lately my skins been looking dry :? i might need a different winter foundation that isnt as powdery for the cold months- i like foundations that are actually good for the skin with no really bad ingredients..

any recommendations? thanks
Diane
2C blonde long hair

•ojon + curls
•goal: to grow my hair to my waist!

•hair timeline:
-last cut [email protected] devachan by jeff
-colored 3.6.07
-trimmed on 10.1
-softened @ ouidad 10.20

Comments

• KaiaKaia Curl Connoisseur Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm still using my mineral make-up in the drier, colder weather, although my FL cold and your NY cold are two completely different things. ;) Before you give up on your foundation, why not try a heavier moisturizer under it. I use a very light moisturizer in the summer, but as soon as it gets a little drier I have to switch to something heavier. Aveeno moisturizers are really good, and shouldn't clog pores.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • JerseyCurlJerseyCurl Posts: 945Registered Users
    I would also suggest a moisturizer and maybe even a primer on top of your moisturizer. :)
    "Wonder Twin Powers, Activate! "
  • BeachBlondeWavieBeachBlondeWavie Posts: 159Registered Users
    i use a primer on top of moisturizer but thats a good idea i should try a heavier moisturizer, i just dont want to break out

i love my bare minerals and i would hate to part with them so ill try this 1st

bailey- florida cold?? lol i wish i lived down there in the winter! :)
    Diane
    2C blonde long hair

•ojon + curls

•hair timeline:
    -colored 3.6.07
    -trimmed on 10.1
    -softened @ ouidad 10.20
  • KaiaKaia Curl Connoisseur Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    bailey- florida cold?? lol i wish i lived down there in the winter! :)

Hah, yeah I knew you'd think I'm a total wuss. It was like 40 last night, and I was freezing my butt off! :lol:
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    Try California...this week the temps have literally ranged from 40 to 90. :shock:
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
    40 to 90? thats how you get sick...i love cali ive been there a few times i want to move out there after college but i cant see not being in mahattan

ny temps have been crazy weird too...weve gone fromlike 30 to 70 so its almost the same but not? LoL
    Diane
    2C blonde long hair

•ojon + curls

•hair timeline:
    -colored 3.6.07
    -trimmed on 10.1
    -softened @ ouidad 10.20
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    lol Darn that global warming! Nothing makes sense anymore!! :lol:
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Curl Connoisseur Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use mineral makeup all winter long. I do use more moisturizer in the winter though. In the warm weather, I tend to just use moisturizer at night. In winter, I use it under in the AM also, under my makeup. I use emu oil mixed with hyaluronic acid.
    I use mineral makeup all winter long. I do use more moisturizer in the winter though. In the warm weather, I tend to just use moisturizer at night. In winter, I use it under in the AM also, under my makeup. I use emu oil mixed with hyaluronic acid.
    Remind me again, about your emu oil/ha moisturizer. I remember you mentioning it on another post but forgot what you said. Also, what do emu oil and ha do for the skin when used daily? Thanks. :D
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Curl Connoisseur Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Remind me again, about your emu oil/ha moisturizer. I remember you mentioning it on another post but forgot what you said. Also, what do emu oil and ha do for the skin when used daily? Thanks.

Emu oil is considered a "biological healing oil". It's very moisturizing, anti-inflammatory and non-comedogenic. It's a little difficult to absorb on it's own, but when mixed with HA, it becomes the perfect moisturizer. I use one drop of emu and about 2 drops of HA in the palm of my hand, rub my hands together and just pat and press onto my face. Voila...

I get emu from: http://lbemuoil.com/differencesinouremuoil.htm They have the most consistently nice oil...never a smell, never "off" color, like some emu oils can be. I use Clear in the summer, and Ultra in the winter.

I get HA here: http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item.php?item_id=126 They seem to have the best prices, and consistently good product.
    Remind me again, about your emu oil/ha moisturizer. I remember you mentioning it on another post but forgot what you said. Also, what do emu oil and ha do for the skin when used daily? Thanks.

Emu oil is considered a "biological healing oil". It's very moisturizing, anti-inflammatory and non-comedogenic. It's a little difficult to absorb on it's own, but when mixed with HA, it becomes the perfect moisturizer. I use one drop of emu and about 2 drops of HA in the palm of my hand, rub my hands together and just pat and press onto my face. Voila...

I get emu from: http://lbemuoil.com/differencesinouremuoil.htm They have the most consistently nice oil...never a smell, never "off" color, like some emu oils can be. I use Clear in the summer, and Ultra in the winter.

I get HA here: http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item.php?item_id=126 They seem to have the best prices, and consistently good product.
    Do you use this morning and evening?

It really depends on how dry/oily I'm feeling. I try to use it every night, because HA helps my other "actives" penetrate, but I don't always use it in the morning. It's been rainy, damp and warm here the past few days, so I haven't felt dry.

It really depends on how dry/oily I'm feeling. I try to use it every night, because HA helps my other "actives" penetrate, but I don't always use it in the morning. It's been rainy, damp and warm here the past few days, so I haven't felt dry.
    So,what would you recommend for someone with oily/combo skin? Thanks. :D
    So,what would you recommend for someone with oily/combo skin? Thanks.

That's what I have...mostly oily, but I can get some try cheeks/chin sometimes, mostly in the winter.
  • MegnificentMegnificent Posts: 109Registered Users
    I was having the same problem (winter+BE=dry skin). I looked like a ghost...a flaky ghost! BUT then I started putting a little drop of pure jojoba oil (the Desert Essence brand) on my face at night. Problem solved and my skin looks a lot prettier too. I was nervous that it would make me break out, it actually helped heal the acne I had before instead. My skin is actually much clearer since I started doing this. This worked so well for me that I thought I had to spread the word.
    2a-3a

Fotki: curlymeg

Nature's Gate Awapuhi Volumizing Conditioner
    Graham Webb Making Waves gel
    jojoba or coconut oil as a DT

Hair is pretty great now that it's colder, now I'm focusing on my skin. Sniffle.
    jojoba oil cleared the acne??? we all know whats going on my face tonight :D
    Diane
    2C blonde long hair

•ojon + curls

•hair timeline:
    -colored 3.6.07
    -trimmed on 10.1
    -softened @ ouidad 10.20
    I'm not sure it cleared the acne, but it definitely sped up healing time for the ones that I broke down and popped. And I think it has kept my skin in pretty good condition, so I haven't been breaking out hardly at all lately. I would definitely give it a try. I was so nervous to put oil on my face (sounds counterintuitive) but it has been a lifesaver!
    2a-3a

Hair is pretty great now that it's colder, now I'm focusing on my skin. Sniffle.
  • curly_princesscurly_princess Posts: 360Registered Users
    I'm not sure it cleared the acne, but it definitely sped up healing time for the ones that I broke down and popped. And I think it has kept my skin in pretty good condition, so I haven't been breaking out hardly at all lately. I would definitely give it a try. I was so nervous to put oil on my face (sounds counterintuitive) but it has been a lifesaver!

I second the jojoba oil. It's been great, I seriously think it's about the perfect moisturizer because it moisturizes my dry spots and prevents my oily spots. I spread about 5 drops over my skin before I apply my bp gel, both in the morning and at night.
    3a/b, fine hair... with a mind of its own!
    PW- frenchfries

Your hair, it's everywhere. Screaming infidelities, taking its wear.
    i put jojoba oil on my face twice yesterday and the night before i kind of see an old pimple scab healing but how long does it take for the great results? does it do anything for red spots?? thanks!
    Diane
    2C blonde long hair

•ojon + curls

•hair timeline:
    -colored 3.6.07
    -trimmed on 10.1
    -softened @ ouidad 10.20
    For dryness and skin brightness, I had results overnight.
    For healing spots, I saw results starting after about a week. It helps red spots, but not brown spots. I use a face cream with retinol under the jojoba oil at night. That helps with the brown spots.
    2a-3a

• fraggleheadfragglehead Posts: 56Registered Users
    Megnificent ~ Where do you get the jojoba oil? I have been noticing this with my face too. I would be willing to try it.

TIA!!
    2c/3a very thick!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight, because by then your body and your fat are really good friends. ~Author Unknown
    Health food store (I go to Whole Foods) beauty section. The brand is Dessert Essence. I think you can order some off CurlMart, but it is a different brand. Hope it works for you.
    2a-3a

ive been using the jojoba oil for quite a few days now and i am truly amazed...the red spots on my chins that were potential scares are fading super fast and my overall skintone looks fresh and glowing im thrilled :D
    Diane
    2C blonde long hair

•ojon + curls

•hair timeline:
    -colored 3.6.07
    -trimmed on 10.1
    -softened @ ouidad 10.20
    :D
    2a-3a

• curly_princesscurly_princess Posts: 360Registered Users
    :D :D

Horray for jojoba oil!!
    3a/b, fine hair... with a mind of its own!
    PW- frenchfries

Your hair, it's everywhere. Screaming infidelities, taking its wear.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file