bad haircut! SOS

Lo19Lo19 Registered Users Posts: 19
I got my hair cut today and the dreaded thinning sheers were used (she cut my hair dry and also combed it so it was really puffy/frizzy... it was weird. I should have ran). So now my hair is really thin and the curls aren't as defined :( What should I do? I've been trying to grow my hair for a while and I don't want to have to cut it all off and start again. Has anyone else survived something like this? :/

Comments

• dandydandy Registered Users Posts: 346 Curl Novice
    aww im sorry...:( did you style it yourself yet?
    I would just try to utilize clips etc and see if as it grows in length it might look nicer. :(
    2c/3a ? fine/medium iii- tons of it! FL. Suave, TTNG, CJDF co wash, GDLI
    HG- FSG, CK, ReCoil, Aldi shique gelee, ACV, ccclite or fsg 4 2nd day sotc:JCNS
    curl journalhttp://www.britishcurlies.co.uk/curl_forum/viewthread/977/ :bounce:
    event.png

Badge001.jpg
  • Lo19Lo19 Registered Users Posts: 19
    yeah I styled it myself :/ my hair is really stringy and the curls aren't very defined. she also cut my top layers too short so that they are basically straight. I am so depressed. should I just cut it all off and start over, or try to persevere and hope it gets better as it grows?
  • dailywavydailywavy Registered Users Posts: 249
    I would give our hair a day or two to calm down. I know my hair can almost go into shock right after it is cut. Then see what you can do. do you have any pics?
    2b, 2c / f / ii / medium-high porosity
    Vo5-never again, i now can plop!
    CG since may 09, and hubby LOVES the new wavy 'tude!
    :thumbleft:
    products: CV SB, burt's bees more moisture conditioner, co-wash suave naturals coconut condish. FSG, shea hair butter, hair refresher
  • SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    It normally takes my hair about a week after a haircut (more than a trim) to get its shiz together. Mine is sort of in shock after a major cut.

Keep playing around with it, using your HG products and see how things work out with a little more time. If you want longer hair, try not to cut it now out of possible disappointment with your cut. I would love to see a pic of it -- I bet it looks great, just that you are still getting used to what it looks/feels/behaves like with your prior routine and products. Hang in there! And please do post a pic when you feel like it.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • wavy wonderwavy wonder Registered Users Posts: 3,061 Curl Neophyte
    ditto on the pics.
  • anniemaeanniemae Registered Users Posts: 1,702 Curl Neophyte
    Lo19 wrote: »
    I got my hair cut today and the dreaded thinning sheers were used (she cut my hair dry and also combed it so it was really puffy/frizzy... it was weird. I should have ran). So now my hair is really thin and the curls aren't as defined :( What should I do? I've been trying to grow my hair for a while and I don't want to have to cut it all off and start again. Has anyone else survived something like this? :/

Oh yes, I've had many a dreaded haircut. :( Actually, my last haircut (about a month ago) was horrible. I went to someone new, and she layered my hair so that it is very short on the sides. She cut off almost everything I was growing (my hair seems to grow slowly). Ugh. I am just dealing with it.

Don't cut it all off - just wait it out. It will look better as each week goes by. :)
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • Lo19Lo19 Registered Users Posts: 19
    thanks everyone :) yeah I'm hoping it gets better... on the plus side, it looks better when I plait it now :) I will get pics up after I wash tonight, hopefully. I'm trying to just ride it out. I cried all afternoon and all this morning but I'm starting to try and be optimistic.

also, thank god for boyfriends who put up with this ridiculousness :hello1:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file