Nappy

GoddessCurlsGoddessCurls Registered Users Posts: 1,537
I TiVo the View everyday and watch it the following day. So today I watched the episode from yesterday. Ashley Judd was on there who normally I like. She had her hair up in twist like things...anyways it was cute. When they asked her about it she said she had just gotten up from a nap...so it was a nap do! Then she said...I'm not a sista with a nappy do...but I have a nap do. I just thought that was a really rude thing to say! It kinda bothered me.

Back on Cones,so now my routine is,wash with Deva No-Poo every other day or so. Occasionally use 365 sulfate free,maybe use low sulfate shampoo mixed with conditioner once every two weeks are longer. I condition with Aussie Moist or HEHH. I style with a little GF TN,and finish up with tons of GN Pure Clean Smoothing Cream. No frizz...slippy, happy hair.

Comments

• EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    That sounds like an ignorant, but not mean-spirited, quickly improvised joke. I think a lot of non-Black people don't attach a negative connotation to the word "nappy." Still a stupid thing to say, though.
  • jeamariajeamaria Registered Users Posts: 1,851
    Eilonwy wrote:
    That sounds like an ignorant, but not mean-spirited, quickly improvised joke. I think a lot of non-Black people don't attach a negative connotation to the word "nappy." Still a stupid thing to say, though.

That's what I thought, it's a pretty weak joke.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file