Philosophy's Vitamin C Powder

pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Hope and a Prayer. I've been mixing this with my moisturizer the last few mornings and there is already a definite difference in my complexion. My skin looks smooth and brighter. I love this stuff. I promise, I don't work for Philosophy. :lol:

Comments

• tschocktschock Posts: 101Registered Users
    I've used this in the past and I do like what it does for my skin. But, I always get this weird smell on my hands that lasts all day after I use it. Have you (or anyone) experienced this, too?
    2c, thick & coarse
    Inverted curly bob
    Modified CG
  • pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I haven't noticed a weird smell. I do have lotion on now so I wouldn't be able to tell. I will pay attention tomorrow morning and let you know.
    Thanks! It's kind of annoying because I think the product works really well. The smell is just weird and no matter how often I wash my hands or how much lotion I use it doesn't go away!
    2c, thick & coarse
    Inverted curly bob
    Modified CG
  • BlondieCurlBlondieCurl Posts: 108Registered Users
    I really like this stuff as well. I've never noticed a funny smell to it, but I have noticed that it doesn't mix well with some moisturizers. I tried mixing it with a sunscreen/moisturizer one morning. It literally separated the moisturizer into funky, chunky goo. What kind of moisturizer are you mixing it with? Maybe it's the moisturizer that's causing the smell?
    Somewhere between a 2-3a, Currently loving Innersense Quiet Calm Curl control cocktailed with L'Oreal Melting Gel.
    I tried mixing it with Hope in a Jar moisturizer and also with the serum by Philosophy. I think they recommend mixing it with either of those products, so I think it's kinda weird. Maybe it has something to do with my body chemistry, who knows?! Maybe I'll try mixing with a different moisturizer and see what happens.
    2c, thick & coarse
    Inverted curly bob
    Modified CG
    I mix mine with Origins Have a Nice Day. I haven't noticed any scent and I like the consistency of the moisturzier much better when mixing. Maybe because it warms a little when I mix the powder and the cream.

I'll let you know tomorrow if there is a different (weird) smell. :D
    I didn't notice any scent at all this morning. I even smelled the powder before mixing it and didn't notice a scent.
  • ariesxtremeariesxtreme Posts: 123Registered Users
    tschock wrote:
    I've used this in the past and I do like what it does for my skin. But, I always get this weird smell on my hands that lasts all day after I use it. Have you (or anyone) experienced this, too?

I do and know what you mean. I make my own Vit C serum and after I apply it in the morning on my face and neck it does leave this distinct smell on my hands. Doesn't matter how many times I wash my hands.

Also Vit C comes in crystal and powder form. I dissolve mine in water to make my serum so not sure how it would work if I were to mix it in with my moisturizer. I do notice that it does take some time for my powder to dissolve. I did hear that the crystals dissolve a bit easier than the powder.
    Ah, well. Thanks for taking the time to post your answer!! When the powder is in the jar, I don't notice any scent. It's just on my hands after I apply it to my face.

It's probably just some weird body chemistry thing or something! :lol: Maybe it's all in my head!! Ha ha!!

Thanks again and have a good day!
    2c, thick & coarse
    Inverted curly bob
    Modified CG
    tschock wrote:

I do and know what you mean. I make my own Vit C serum and after I apply it in the morning on my face and neck it does leave this distinct smell on my hands. Doesn't matter how many times I wash my hands.

Also Vit C comes in crystal and powder form. I dissolve mine in water to make my serum so not sure how it would work if I were to mix it in with my moisturizer. I do notice that it does take some time for my powder to dissolve. I did hear that the crystals dissolve a bit easier than the powder.

Oh, thanks for posting this. Maybe it's not all in my head, after all!!
    2c, thick & coarse
    Inverted curly bob
    Modified CG
    tschock wrote:
    tschock wrote:

Oh, thanks for posting this. Maybe it's not all in my head, after all!!

No it's not, thought I'd chime in because everyone else was saying they didn't smell anything and didn't want you thinking you were alone on this. :D
    tschock wrote:
    Ah, well. Thanks for taking the time to post your answer!! When the powder is in the jar, I don't notice any scent. It's just on my hands after I apply it to my face.

It's probably just some weird body chemistry thing or something! :lol: Maybe it's all in my head!! Ha ha!!

Thanks again and have a good day!

Thanks, you too. I was originally thinking maybe it was the Hope in a Jar Moisturizer (I used to use this too) but after reading ariesxtreme's post, I would be wrong. I wish it would have worked out better for you. :(
    Thanks, pinksugar and ariesxtreme, for your replies. I'm glad that I'm not the only who has noticed the weird smell! I still use the powder, but only occasionally.
    2c, thick & coarse
    Inverted curly bob
    Modified CG
  • cjccjc Posts: 636Registered Users
    What kind of powder is it? Is it like a tinted foundation?
    cjc
    3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
    Palm Beach County, Fl
    It's a powder that you mix with your moisturizer, not tinted. It's called Hope and a Prayer. You can find it under Skincare, Anti-Aging, on the Philosophy website. HTH

www.philosophy.com
    Vit-C powder shouldn't have any color to them, it should just be white. I'm interesting in the powder from Philosphy that you're speaking of. I know for a fact that if I were to mix mine with moisturizer it wouldn't dissolve. I use L-Ascorbic Acid which is the basically the chemical name for vit-C and in it's puriest form, this is why I'm assuming this might be why tschock and I might be experiencing the 'smell'. I did just check out the Hope and a Prayer and it says it's 100% vit-C, I wonder if they grind it more finely for it to be easily absorbed and easily mixed with creams and such.

How much do you use in your moisturizer because vit-c can be very drying if it's in high concentrations. I'm astonished to see how much they charge for such a small bottle, I suppose when the general public doesn't know where to get it from they can do that.
    The powder is white. It is very fine. I can't give you the exact dosage as it comes with a scoop, although I know it is not a lot. It is worth the cost, as I said you don't use a lot, therefore the bottle lasts a while.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file