Haircut advice please!

smiley88smiley88 Registered Users Posts: 27
I may not be a curly man, but I finally convinced my best friend to get a real haircut with a style, under the agreement that i'm paying half.

He's never asked a stylist to do anything specific to his hair at all. He just kind of names a length and prays.

Worse, he brushes his curls out. Daily. As in: lets it dry, then combs it out into a fluffy disaster. He seems to think it looks more "controlled" brushed out than naturally curled.

My best guesstimate is that he's a 3a, but its hard to tell. He never uses any product, and he never lets dry without trying to comb it flat on his head.

So men, what do you ask your stylists?
And how can I get him to accept that he has amazing curly hair!
type: 3b hair with some 3a on the top layers.
length: a little past the shoulders
Wash process: silicone free, with a weekly sulfate wash (give or take, depending on the season)

Comments

• davbrendavbren Registered Users Posts: 7
    Its gonna be a tough ask to convince him completely. Generally, I don't go to a stylist, I just go to the barbers, generally speaking I'm happy with that. As long as I'm comfortable with the end result I'm happy. The problem comes when we don't know what looks good on us. Theres a bit of stigma attached to men with either long hair, or curly hair. God forbid both! So getting it to a state where its "stylable" is tough. Theres always the rubbish stage of growth too. That mid section where its too long to look neat and tidy but too short to do anything with. Then once its long enough, I for one, have no idea what to do with it...

What do you think would look good on him? how do you think is hair should be?
  • CurlLeeCurlLee Registered Users Posts: 221
    davbren wrote: »
    Its gonna be a tough ask to convince him completely. Generally, I don't go to a stylist, I just go to the barbers, generally speaking I'm happy with that. As long as I'm comfortable with the end result I'm happy. The problem comes when we don't know what looks good on us. Theres a bit of stigma attached to men with either long hair, or curly hair. God forbid both! So getting it to a state where its "stylable" is tough. Theres always the rubbish stage of growth too. That mid section where its too long to look neat and tidy but too short to do anything with. Then once its long enough, I for one, have no idea what to do with it...

What do you think would look good on him? how do you think is hair should be?

lol, couldn't agree with that more.

but if you take your friend to a stylist that understands textured hair, then they should be able to determine how to cut his hair for the best shape for him.
    3b here 4a there 3c everywhere
    talk about a mix up :toothy10:

elevator doors open...

random girl: ohhh, you have curly hair

elevator doors begins to close...

random girl's friend:i think he knows that already

elevator doors close...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file