HELP! Hair Care Method?

CrystalRevelationCrystalRevelation Posts: 8Registered Users
I'm a little confused about where to start on methods.
Where I am right now:

Wash my hair with VO5 Tea Therapy Shampoo
Condition with Suave Naturals
Style with IC Leave in Hair and Scalp Treatment & add some Garnier Fructis Mousse to hold curl
Add some ABUHO to air dried hair and scalp.

My dilemma:

I have a little over an inch of new growth coupled with my relaxed hair which is well past BSL. I need advice about products or methods that will keep my scalp moisturized longer and give my relaxed hair more body and volume so that it is more proportioned to my new growth. I want to train my hair so that the BC isn't necessary. Also, how will a spritz help my hair? And how do I make my own?

THANKS SO MUCH! :happy7:
I officially made my decision to transition to my natural hair in December 2009.
Last Relaxer: September 2009
Big Chop: Nov. 2010
3b/3c
corinne-1.jpg steven0290copycopy-1.jpg x134147734103838913-1.jpg
:color: CrystalRevelation

Comments

• CrystalRevelationCrystalRevelation Posts: 8Registered Users
    anyone? please!
    I officially made my decision to transition to my natural hair in December 2009.
    3b/3c
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I want to train my hair so that the BC isn't necessary.
    Can you explain this more? If part of your hair is relaxed and new growth is not and there's a big difference between the textures, chopping off the relaxed part at some point is necessary.

I was texlaxed so not all that much diffeence between new and relaxed hair, but I still chopped, just gradually over 14 months.
    I need advice about products or methods that will keep my scalp moisturized longer and give my relaxed hair more body and volume so that it is more proportioned to my new growth.
    The more new growth you have, the more your relaxed hair will seem increasingly limp and lifeless. Just the way it is. I haven't found a way to equalize the look of the two other than twists or braidouts. But perhaps someone else will chime in.

The most important thing you can do for both textures is to keep them both well moisturized and keep the new growth detangled. Condition, deep condition, and condition some more. If most of your hair is relaxed at this point, use a conditioner formulated for the relaxed part because it needs moisture and structure more. Check out long hair care forums for recs on conditioners. A rich conditioner with some protein in it is probably good.

Once you big chop, be prepared to change up your products to be more suited to the new growth.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • CrystalRevelationCrystalRevelation Posts: 8Registered Users
    I want to train my hair so that the BC isn't necessary.
    Can you explain this more?
    Well, you sort of explained it for me. : D haha And I think I will probably cut my hair within the next year, because the difference between the new growth and the relaxed hair is becoming more visible.

Thanks for the info on conditioning, etc. ! Very helpful! : D
    3b/3c

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file