By George I Think We Got It!!

deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur
:thumright: :thumright: Liam is POTTY TRAINED! :thumright: :thumright:

I never thought it would happen.. he now goes #1 and #2 in the big potty.. (he sometimes needs a gentle reminder) but most of the time is good to go! He wears pull-ups in the evening so we will start to work on night training soon..

Its funny I'm up here in Mass this week visiting the family and we went to museum yesterday and I was casually talking to another mother while our boys were playing and her son is 3 1/2 too.. and she said the exact words I was saying a few months ago... "I'm at my wits end I've tried everything and he just won't go!" I had to admit I smiled a bit cause it was funny her asking me for advice.. :toothy5: :toothy5:

so three cheers for my boy who is growing up.. yes my son it took you a bit longer than most but Mommy is proud of you!!!

~d

Liam: 6 years old
Colin: 3 years old

Comments

• nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
    Hurray! Good job, Liam (and Mommy!) :blob5:
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Registered Users Posts: 1,814
    Congrats! :hello1:
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Registered Users Posts: 2,954 Curl Connoisseur
    Yeah Liam!!!!
  • RheannaRheanna Registered Users Posts: 2,614
    Yay Liam!!! :headbang:
    DPTFm5.png
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Registered Users Posts: 791
    Yay Liam!!! Good for you!
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Registered Users Posts: 5,656
    YAY Liam! And who cares if it took him "longer than most"? He did it when he was ready :)
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • sarah42sarah42 Registered Users Posts: 4,034
    Hooray for Liam! C still isn't trained at night after 9 months or so of being trained during the day, but I'm not too worried about it. And he still needs to be reminded when he's concentrating on playing and doesn't want to stop for a second. It sounds like Liam is doing great!
    ehLB.jpg
  • poisonivypoisonivy Registered Users Posts: 1,551
    deedles wrote: »
    :thumright: :thumright: Liam is POTTY TRAINED! :thumright: :thumright:

I never thought it would happen.. he now goes #1 and #2 in the big potty.. (he sometimes needs a gentle reminder) but most of the time is good to go! He wears pull-ups in the evening so we will start to work on night training soon..

Its funny I'm up here in Mass this week visiting the family and we went to museum yesterday and I was casually talking to another mother while our boys were playing and her son is 3 1/2 too.. and she said the exact words I was saying a few months ago... "I'm at my wits end I've tried everything and he just won't go!" I had to admit I smiled a bit cause it was funny her asking me for advice.. :toothy5: :toothy5:

so three cheers for my boy who is growing up.. yes my son it took you a bit longer than most but Mommy is proud of you!!!

~d

Please tell me your secret. My boy is past 3 1/2 and is strongly resistant to #1 and #2 on the potty. He does not care if he is wet or has crap in his underwear. I've tried stickers, rewards, punishment, saying nothing, big incentives etc. Running out of ideas and patience!
  • deedlesdeedles Registered Users Posts: 2,467 Curl Connoisseur
    Hey PI,

first of all *HUGS* to you and your little man... Trust me I can relate it seems that you are at your wits end RCW and others here and also my pediatrician said that while some kids get "it" at 2 2 1/2 some take a while longer and some go to age 4!!

Don't fret it will happen..

have you (for #1) had him standing up.. Liam loved that!!
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • poisonivypoisonivy Registered Users Posts: 1,551
    deedles wrote: »
    Hey PI,

first of all *HUGS* to you and your little man... Trust me I can relate it seems that you are at your wits end RCW and others here and also my pediatrician said that while some kids get "it" at 2 2 1/2 some take a while longer and some go to age 4!!

Don't fret it will happen..

have you (for #1) had him standing up.. Liam loved that!!

I've started grounding him from the computer if he wets his pants and that seems to be working but I still haven't figured out how to get him to tell me he has to go, especially #2. If I catch him in the act he will finish on the potty but I need him to start telling me before hand. I bought him some "poop presents" and wrapped them and I told him he gets to pick one if he will poop on the potty. Right now I think he's holding back. Sigh...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file