CurlTalk

I really think...

nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
this baby is coming. Starting last night at around 8:30, I started getting contractions around 15-18 minutes apart. They haven't let up all day and are now coming every 8-10 minutes.

I'm so nervous! Mostly, I don't want to have been in false labor all this time...LOL I don't think it is, though, because the pain is in my back, abs, and even thighs. It feels like someone is winding a steel bandage around me from my pelvis up to my ribs every few minutes and pulling it tight.

Anyway, pray for me or wish me luck!
"Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
Password: orphanannie

Comments

• sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    That's exciting! It sounds like real labor. Sending you vibes for a quick and healthy delivery.
    ehLB.jpg
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,937Registered Users
    Anyway, pray for me or wish me luck!

Of course!
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    There's no such thing as false labor. It's just early labor. It's real.

Stop timing the contractions and playing on the internet and go.get.some.sleep.

Really...there's no need to time contractions. You will know when they are close enough together to go to the hospital. GET SOME SLEEP.

Did I mention, get some sleep?

I wish you lots of luck. You're going to do great. Babies really do come out!
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    Good luck!!!
  • fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users
    How exciting! Good luck!
    Hair type: 3A/B
    I lurk, therefore, I am.
    My Blog
  • geminigemini Posts: 3,325Registered Users
    Yay! Good luck!
    Waiting, waiting, waiting...

...are you done yet?

I'm thinking of you and sending healthy, peaceful labor vibes.
  • NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    Yay!
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users

...are you done yet?

No. :( I'm still at the same 10 minutes apart that I was last night. I see my OB at 2, so I'm hoping that all of this is at least causing some dialation and effacement. I'll be VERY bummed if I go and nothing is happening up there!
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    nynaeve77 wrote: »

...are you done yet?

No. :( I'm still at the same 10 minutes apart that I was last night. I see my OB at 2, so I'm hoping that all of this is at least causing some dialation and effacement. I'll be VERY bummed if I go and nothing is happening up there!

Wine. A nice big glass of wine, preferably enjoyed while relaxing in a warm bath, can really help quiet an irritable uterus so you can get good rest and be ready for labor.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    I'm excited for you, nynaeve!
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    How exciting! Good luck Nynaeve! Have a good time!

:wave:
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Hope things are progressing for you!
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
    Well, I ended up scheduling a c-section for tomorrow at noon. I'm not quite ready to get into all the details yet because I'm still kinda bummed out, but I don't feel that I was pressured into it, either. My body just isn't cooperating. I'll give the full scoop in a couple of days, along with pics! :)

Thanks so much to everyone for their words of encouragement; they've meant so much!

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    g/l!
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

nynaeve77 wrote: »
    Well, I ended up scheduling a c-section for tomorrow at noon. I'm not quite ready to get into all the details yet because I'm still kinda bummed out, but I don't feel that I was pressured into it, either. My body just isn't cooperating. I'll give the full scoop in a couple of days, along with pics! :)

Thanks so much to everyone for their words of encouragement; they've meant so much!

Well...I'm still going to hold out hope that you go into labor tonight and deliver too fast to have a c-sec. ;)

Good luck tomorrow.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,771Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    Good luck! Can't wait to see pics :)
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users
    Good Luck
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Good luck! Can't wait to see pics :)
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users
    Hope all is well!!
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users
    Thinking of you and hoping everything went well today!
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • ShanaVilloriaShanaVilloria Posts: 263Registered Users
    Hope everything goes smoothly!!

Photobucket of Babies: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fphotobucket.com%2FVilloriaBoys" class="Popup
    Fotki of Hair through the Ages: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fshanavilloria%2F" class="Popup

CG Since October 29, 2009.
    2A and 3A
    Co-wash:
    GTTT
    Rinse out: DevaCurl OneC, KCKT
    Leave in: Curl Junkie Beauticurls
    Styling: CHS Curl Keeper + KCCC
    u10Jm7.png
  • RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    Hope all is well with you and your brand new little baby boy. Can't wait to hear the details and see pictures of him :)
    DPTFm5.png
    Davin Noah is here! He was born yesterday at 12:28 p.m. He's 8 lbs. 2 oz. and 20 3/4 inches long. We're both doing well. He's nursing like a champ and I'm back on solid food. :) I don't have too many pics yet, but here's one:

Davin.jpg

I'll post a few more when Daddy gets them uploaded. Thank you for the well wishes!

• wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    :flower:

Yay! Congratulations!

:binky:
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    Absolutely precious!

I'm glad you both are doing well.

Congratulations on the baby boy! :binky:

:angel13:
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymix%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Congratulations!! He's beautiful! Glad to hear you're both doing well.
    ehLB.jpg
    He's GORGEOUS. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    congratulations!
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users
    Oh my he's a big boy! Congratz, he's adorable. I'm glad you're doing well.