Frequent straightners?

tristamarietristamarie Posts: 4Registered Users
well, i was wondering if there was anyone else who straightens their hair about once a week like i do? i would leave it curly, but its just that its kinda damaged from past straightening since iv had my hair straightened for as long as i could remember and i just love the way my hair looks and feels after it has been straightened. Although it sucks because of the damaged ends. Is there anyone who straightens their hair as frequently as i do and still manages to keep it healthy?

Comments

• anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes, I straighten mine a lot - lately I've been doing it everyday. I just like it better straight for me.

What type hair are you? I am about a 2a/b, and it's thin, so I really don't use the iron that much - just a few passes on each side of my head.

I tend to get my ends cut about every 2 1/2 to 3 months to get rid of the dry ends.

Lately I use Redken Smooth Down shampoo and conditioner. I blowdry my hair until it's mostly dry. Then, I always use a thermal heat protectant before I flatiron. I use CHI 44 Iron Guard Thermal Protection Spray in the red bottle.

Also, I use Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor about twice/month. This is a protein treatment that is good for dry/damaged hair.

Good luck!!
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • curlycutie532curlycutie532 Posts: 7Registered Users
    haha yeah I still straighten a lot. but I don't wash it often I just shower with a cap on to keep it dry. I use redken velvet whip when it's wet before i blow dry. I either dry with a round brush (if I don't want to have it perfectly straight) or a paddle brush. Then I use the nano babybliss straightener. I also put some silky sexy hair gloss drop things in when I am done.
  • tristamarietristamarie Posts: 4Registered Users
    I should of probably stated this is my orginal post, but I have 3b hair. After I get out of the shower i put CHI silk infusion into my hair then blow dry and striaghten with my solia tourmaline ceramic hairstriaghtner. Any other products or shampoo/conditioner that will protect it more?
  • tristamarietristamarie Posts: 4Registered Users
    o and thank you, i think im going to check out the redkin products

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file