Under Eye Cream suggestions?

Naptural9jaNaptural9ja Posts: 183Registered Users
I've noticed some darkness (not quite a circle) under my eye for about a month now. In addition to that, my eyes have been looking puffy and tired (studying, writing papers and volcanic ash will do that to ya).

Any suggestions for an eye cream I can use to combat all that, especially the darkness? I don't want something that will cover it up. I actually want a cream that will treat the darkness. Thanks!

Comments

• EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The darkness comes from blood not draining quickly from the area. A cream isn't going to change that. You'll just have to wait until you catch up on sleep and the volcanic ash clears away. (Although, as with stretchmarks, there are a lot of scam-products out there that claim to get rid of dark under-eye circles.)
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    Try Clinique All About Eyes gel. It helps hydrate the skin so dark circles are less noticeable and it gets rid of puffiness. It's not going to make them go away but it does help.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Based on many recommendations on other forums I've read, Avene Eluage cream (in a pump bottle) is supposed to be great for undereye skin, fine lines, dark circles. I have been using this for several months, almost every night and I have noticed that my skin under my eyes is not as thin, the lines are far less noticeable and my dark circles have lightened significantly. I can almost go without concealer if I want to. I bought mine through drugstore.com.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,079Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Go to www.gardenofwisdom.com and check out their eye creams. A little pricey, but amazing quality and they actually work.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    mrspoppers wrote: »
    Try Clinique All About Eyes gel. It helps hydrate the skin so dark circles are less noticeable and it gets rid of puffiness. It's not going to make them go away but it does help.

Second this suggestion. All About Eyes is great!
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,226Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    mrspoppers wrote: »

Second this suggestion. All About Eyes is great!

Third this suggestion!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Where can one buy the Avene cream?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Phoenix wrote: »
    Where can one buy the Avene cream?
    I buy it from drugstore.com. There is also a gel.

I'm not sure where else it's sold online, but I like buying it from d.com because last time I purchased I used my quarterly reward $ incentive to help with cost (even though it's deducted from the total order value, in my mind it went to that item only :laughing8: ) I've only used the cream and like it! I started out using this on my face but like it better as an eye cream. Lasts a lonnng time using it just for eyes -- less than a full pump gives plenty for under eye area.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • Curly_Cajun_FemmeCurly_Cajun_Femme Posts: 342Registered Users
    Kinerase Under Eye Rescue is awesome for the puffiness and dark circles.. Hypo-Allergenic....

I am in like with Kinerase Skin Care products... I have had great results with all of the Kinerase products I use..
    3b /3c
    HG Summer List
    Boots Pink is the bomb on my summer hair.
    Donna Marie MiraCurls
    Poos: KCCClean, JCChealting
    Leave In: KCKT, KomazaCalifia
    Conditioners:AOHR
    Styling: KCCC, BRHG, UFCM, MC
    Deep Tx's: CJCR and LustraSIlk
    Your mind is like a parachute, It only functions when its open.....
    Reality, What a concept.~G. Carlin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file