GrowOut/BC Dilemma

ASLgeekASLgeek Posts: 11Registered Users
So I've been growing out my hair for a few months and my natural hair is coming in pretty quickly. People keep telling me I should go ahead and BC to start fresh (mostly a hairdresser friend of mine) but I'm struggling with this.

I checked out a few styles. I'm not a big fan of weaves. I was considering a coil out but I know when I go home to FL for the summer that style probably isn't going to last but a week if that long.

The problem is this...my face is full and short cuts don't look that great on me which is why I've mostly kept my hair past my face length in a longer bob. Also, an incident from my childhood left a bedsore in the back of my head. I've had surgery to try to close it as much as possible so it won't show but that only worked so much. I'm alotta self conscious about it and I don't want it to show if I chop all my hair off. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I SUPPORT NATIONAL BREAST CANCER MONTH & A FIGHT FOR THE CURE!
Last Relaxer: 12.16.10
Mod-CG since: 03.07.10
BC: 9.23.10
HairType: poss. 4A/4B crown & 3C (I'm still feeling my way through that science w/ the help of the lovely people on this site)
Blog: ASLgeek.com

Comments

• BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Is it possible for you to do Kinky Twists or some kind of extension braided style until you're ready to BC?
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • ASLgeekASLgeek Posts: 11Registered Users
    I have no idea what kinky twists are but extensions are hard for me. Last time I got them I sat 3 days to get them, went one day with them in then spent 2 days taking them out lol. But I will def do some research on the kinky twists. Thanks :thumbleft:
    I SUPPORT NATIONAL BREAST CANCER MONTH & A FIGHT FOR THE CURE!
    Last Relaxer: 12.16.10
    Mod-CG since: 03.07.10
    BC: 9.23.10
    HairType: poss. 4A/4B crown & 3C (I'm still feeling my way through that science w/ the help of the lovely people on this site)
    Blog: ASLgeek.com
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ASLgeek wrote: »
    I have no idea what kinky twists are but extensions are hard for me. Last time I got them I sat 3 days to get them, went one day with them in then spent 2 days taking them out lol. But I will def do some research on the kinky twists. Thanks :thumbleft:

"Kinky Twists" are just twists done with extension hair.. I thought maybe that would be an option for you, but I see you're like me when it comes to having hair added to your own..lol. I got extension braids once or twice in my life and they never lasted me even one week.

Well welcome to the forums, and just stick around and read for a while.. maybe a solution will present itself.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • MissConstruedMissConstrued Posts: 323Registered Users
    I'd say invest in some headbands, clips, earrings, and accessories. You could do some finger coils and experiment with various products (creams, gels, and mousse) to get different looks. LongAid gel is awesome! Also, as far as the bald/bed sore spot, you might like to try a pepperment oil and rosemary oil mixture (they're supposed to stimulate hair growth). Good luck.
    "The one unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain or unchangeable."

Hair type: 3C
    I am a serial cutter :help:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file