TMI ahead: Is this common before labor?

nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
I've been having diarrhea for the past day or so. I wondered if this was common for women about to go into labor of if I just picked up a little stomach bug. I have IBS, but that hasn't been a problem since I got pregnant.
"Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
Password: orphanannie

Comments

• Jenny CJenny C Registered Users Posts: 1,195
    Yes that can be a sign that labor is coming. When are you due?
    If you got nothing to bring to the table - don't even bother sitting down.
  • RheannaRheanna Registered Users Posts: 2,614
    It was for me. I had it off and on for a week or so though and thought it was a stomach bug but never felt sick really. I also was up and on the toilet every few minutes the night I started having regular contractions and then the next night at the hospital, when I progressed in labor (after about 18 hours of being at 2 but having regular contractions) I was up dragging the IV pole to the toilet too. I read it was a pre-labor sign but found it odd that mine went on for a week or more. Of course, I also lost mucus for about 2 weeks and spotted for about 5 days too so maybe I'm just odd period when it comes to labor. :)

How exciting for you though. I can't believe you're soooo close!!!
    DPTFm5.png
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
    Jenny C wrote: »
    Yes that can be a sign that labor is coming. When are you due?

A week from tomorrow. The little guy is head down and dropped a few days ago. I'm thought I was waddling before, but now I definitely have a penguin walk. :)
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    Loose bowels doesn't necessarily have to be associated with early labor, but it can be. It's always nice to start labor off clean, inside and out.
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Registered Users Posts: 7,135 Curl Novice
    True...I'd rather get the poop out now than have it coming out with the baby. I asked my mom if she had diarrhea before labor, and she said she did with 2 of the 3 deliveries. I'm still trying not to read too much into it, but I'm hoping it's a positive sign.

• MagooMagoo Registered Users Posts: 2,173 Curl Neophyte
    My sis who just had her baby a week ago (yay!) said she had diarrhea in the middle of the night and that morning started having contractions.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file