CurlTalk

When Did Your Sex Drive...

WileE-DeadWileE-Dead BannedPosts: 24,963Banned Users
really go thru the roof?
in your 40s...
:laughing6:
0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Comments

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,237Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    My sex drive went up and down over the years due to the usual suspects (stress, hormones, life in general), then in my 40's is started going up and up and now in my 50's I probably have the highest sex drive of my life.
    Anyone who thinks sex ends after middle age, well I'm here to tell ya, it just ain't so! At least not for me!
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users
    It's been steadily increasing since I was 37 or so. It was always high. I'm 40 now. It'll be interesting to see where this goes …
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    :occasion9:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

• ninadefninadef Posts: 243Registered Users
    At 35.
    I'm 44 now and it's still going strong.:blob7:
  • missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users
    35ish. I never had much of one before and it's off & on now but getting hotter when on. I'm 39, should be an interesting ride!
    :blob6:
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    I have to say 40; coincidentally about the time i got divorced:geek:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users

Just over a year ago, the very month I turned 49, I returned to the "i want it every day and multiple times a day" feeling of honeymoon days. Hubby really is liking it, too. hahahahah

Something about the magic words: menopause, can't get pregnant.

When the ob-gyn said that, it was like, "Woohoo, throw out the condoms, party time!"

I still practically jump hubby the minute he gets home from work. And more often on weekends.

I hate aging's effect on my joints and skin and metabolisma and cholestrol etc, but I really like not being fertile anymore and not worrying about it was a "safe" time of the month. And perimenopause was a nightmare of hot flashes, vagiinal constriction, pain with sex, low-sex drive, massive periods, and hairs on my face. What the hell was that about?

A few months of an estrogen cream took care of the constriction, and Sliquid takes care of the rest nature and time took away. Hubby is long past the 5x a day stamina, but we do fine.

My sex drive is officially a teenager again...
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • 2poodles2poodles Posts: 2,480Registered Users
    :crybaby: I'm so jealous of all of you. I'm stuck in that "I don't really care one way or another" rut. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

jeezus..what is wrong w/ me lately?
    such a horn dog...

:shock:
    0004.gif

Wile E - you're a lucky horn dog!
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

bananahump.gif
    :notworthy:
    0004.gif

• Curly_Cajun_FemmeCurly_Cajun_Femme Posts: 342Registered Users
    Ok, just when I though I'd seen the smilies at their best...

Wile, I have to ask.

Where did you find the hump a banana smilies????
    OMG that was a great laugh to look down and see that...

Oh Yeah and at 47 still going and going and going, kinda like the enegizer bunny....:thumbleft::tongue2::blob4:
    3b /3c
    HG Summer List
    Boots Pink is the bomb on my summer hair.
    Donna Marie MiraCurls
    Poos: KCCClean, JCChealting
    Leave In: KCKT, KomazaCalifia
    Conditioners:AOHR
    Styling: KCCC, BRHG, UFCM, MC
    Deep Tx's: CJCR and LustraSIlk
    Your mind is like a parachute, It only functions when its open.....
    Reality, What a concept.~G. Carlin
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    bananahump.gif

OMG LMAO ROFL and ANY other acronym that indicates pants peeing laughter!!!!!
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • Curly_Cajun_FemmeCurly_Cajun_Femme Posts: 342Registered Users
    bananahump.gif

Banana Split
    Bananas Foster
    Banana Sundae
    Nana Banana

My husband dang near fell off the sofa when I showed him this....
    3b /3c
    HG Summer List
    Boots Pink is the bomb on my summer hair.
    Donna Marie MiraCurls
    Poos: KCCClean, JCChealting
    Leave In: KCKT, KomazaCalifia
    Conditioners:AOHR
    Styling: KCCC, BRHG, UFCM, MC
    Deep Tx's: CJCR and LustraSIlk
    Your mind is like a parachute, It only functions when its open.....
    Reality, What a concept.~G. Carlin
    I can't give away all my secrets...
    I stole it from another board...

:laughing7:
    Ok, ok...
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.my-smileys.de%2F" class="Popup
    Scroll down to s-e-x on the left...I believe it's on the first page...
    0004.gif

What about your Os?
    Have y'all found they have gotten better, as well? :brushteeth:
    0004.gif

• alacurlalacurl Posts: 1,193Registered Users
    My sex drive went up and down over the years due to the usual suspects (stress, hormones, life in general), then in my 40's is started going up and up and now in my 50's I probably have the highest sex drive of my life.
    Anyone who thinks sex ends after middle age, well I'm here to tell ya, it just ain't so! At least not for me!

I'm 49 (menopause yet to hit) and recently have been going through an extra-good phase! I hope my experience in my 50s is the same as yours.
    :sunny:
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
    Yeahhhh, another reason I wanna be just like jeep! :D
    0004.gif

• BeachCurlGurlBeachCurlGurl Posts: 168Registered Users
    bananahump.gif

ROFLMAO!!! that has to be the funniest thing I have seen on the curly hair forums!

For me it increased in my late 30s may be a coincidence that it was about the same time I got divorced :tongue3:

I must say it does get better with age!
    3a fine; dense; medium-low porosity, frizz prone

Current Favs: KM Shampoo bars, Darcy's pumpkin seed conditioner, CJ Repair Me; CJCR, CJCCC; Marie Dean products; DM Miracurls Gelly; KCCC; CJCQ; LA Looks sport gel

:love4:Curl Junkie & Marie Dean

:sunny:/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FBeachCurlGurl%2F" class="Popup
    :toothy8:
    How is everyone doin?
    0004.gif

I'm still feeling like an 18 year old boy most of the time. Just can't get enough. : )
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • SparklyCurlsSparklyCurls Posts: 163Registered Users
    I'm still feeling like an 18 year old boy most of the time. Just can't get enough. : )

^ thats a good way of saying it.

I'm nearing 50 and still going at it ...

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    Wow...how'd I miss this thread...

I'm 48 and love sex more than ever. Hubby (52) keeps up as best as he can. I'd happily do it every day, but he's more of a once-a-weeker...so we compromise...couple/few times a week. My O's changed after the birth of my last baby (10 years ago, at 38). They got...somewhat "flatter"...not as high, not quite as good. They're still OK, but I really miss the way they used to be.
    The more I ‘get it” on a regular basis the more intense my O is.

I've noticed lately that I need to have sex more often in order to want sex more often - and to "heat up" quickly. Does that even make sense? But really, I've found that if I go more than a four days or so without, then it's too easy to stop thinking about it. Consequently I've made a point to have it more frequently. My DH is totally on board with this!

2poodles wrote: »
    I've noticed lately that I need to have sex more often in order to want sex more often - and to "heat up" quickly. Does that even make sense? But really, I've found that if I go more than a four days or so without, then it's too easy to stop thinking about it. Consequently I've made a point to have it more frequently. My DH is totally on board with this!

I'm gonna be a little TMI here, so you're warned:

I need sex often (well, I like it often, but besides that...) cause it keeps me "open" down there. Since I don't wanna do the estrogen cream (Estrace) unless I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO (afraid of estrogen absorption issues), if I don't use it, I lose it. Literally. I tighten up like a virgin and the tissues just don't seem as nice in there, if ya get my meaning.

The more I do it, the easier it is to get lubricated, the plumper things stay in there, and the looser (loose in a good way, as in hubby CAN ACTUALLY GET IN, as opposed to, "ow owowowowo get away from me".) Menopause means I seem to just be prone to not only the moisture issues, but the stricture issues.

So, frequent (hey, I would love daily, but let's face it, life gets in the way, not to mention work/sleep/etc) is de riguer if things are gonna stay in fine working order.

And, in an interesting side benefit, it's true: the more you do it, the more you get used to it and WANTING it more often.

So, we have a new code word for sex now: therapy.

"Honey, it's time for woo woo therapy." :D

Hey, age takes its toll, so you fight back with a smile, right?
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09

Curl Junkie Conditions!

~CJ Protein Tx

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    Wow...how'd I miss this thread...

I'm 48 and love sex more than ever. Hubby (52) keeps up as best as he can. I'd happily do it every day, but he's more of a once-a-weeker...so we compromise...couple/few times a week. My O's changed after the birth of my last baby (10 years ago, at 38). They got...somewhat "flatter"...not as high, not quite as good. They're still OK, but I really miss the way they used to be.

Girl. YOu really need to find your G-spot. My Os had gotten flatter, too, then experimentation with stuff in there (yeah, I was NOT easy to find) and now they are better than when I was in my 20s and those were pretty damn good.

Sometimes, I think I'm just gonna pass out. Sometimes I just start blubbering after, it's so intense.

Definitely worth taking the time and doing whatever silliness is necessary to find your spot (Hint: it's easier to find it if you have one regular O first.)
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09

Curl Junkie Conditions!

~CJ Protein Tx

Jeez, I wish I could tighten up like a virgin again. But alas, no. : )
    :clown: :lol:
    0004.gif

Jeez, I wish I could tighten up like a virgin again. But alas, no. : )

There actually is surgery to that.

I have a girlfriend who remarried a guy 15 years younger and couldn't get to the point of enjoyment and she had it done.

Now they sometimes don't leave the house because they are enjoying each other ... so much!

Leave a Comment