Can I co-wash every day?

BeachWave91BeachWave91 Registered Users Posts: 37
I've been CG for a while, but I used a sulfate-free shampoo daily. Now I'm trying to only shampoo once a week. I'm wondering if I can co-wash every day, or if full CG means rarely using anything but water to wash your hair.

How often do you veteran CG girls co-wash?
2B/3A, curly waves just past my armpits
CG since June 2007!
"Poo": Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
Co-Wash: Whole Foods Lavender Conditioner
Conditioner: DevaCurl One Condition
Gel: Giovanni L.A. Natural Styling GelCurl Creme: Jessicurl Confident Coils Styling Solution
Dry Stylers: DevaCurl B'Leave-In/Kinky Curly Curling Custard

Comments

• pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    You can cowash as often as you/your hair likes. Cowashing adds more moisture to the hair then water washing. If you start to get over conditioned, cut back on the cowashing.
    Good luck.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • curls 2nvcurls 2nv Registered Users Posts: 318
    you dont necessarily have to be full cg even though a lot of us are. full cg is not using any type of shampoo on the hair for washing. the scrubbing can be done with conditioner, baking soda, ayurvedic powders, water etc.

a lot of people on here cowash everyday so thats fine. i use conditioners with low protein to cowash and alternate with conditioners with more protein because my hair gets really stretchy. i still can get overconditioned but not as fast to me.
    CG Curly
    Why does the pj monster haunt me so?:twisted:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Growing my bf's hair from cbl to apl
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Registered Users Posts: 1,540 Curl Novice
    I co-wash every day and low poo maybe once a week. In the winter I use a heavier rinse out conditioner after my co-wash. In the summer, I use only a co-wash to avoid overconditioning and it works out great. HTH. :)
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • 85MR285MR2 Registered Users Posts: 226
    I don't shampoo at all. I cowash every day to every three days, depending on how my hair feels. In between I generally water wash. I always use a rinse out after a cowash or water wash, my hair does not ever get overconditioned. Once every 4-6 weeks I add some baking soda to my cowash to clarify. It leaves me as clean or cleaner then any shampoo.
    CG since 2/23/10!

2B 3A mix, fine texture and high porosity at crown/bangs, normal elsewhere. I like protein!

Trying to grow out a short haircut.

WASH: Jessicurl Cleansing Cream (once every week or so)
    CONDITION: Jessicurl Too Shea! or Aloeba Conditioner
    STYLE: Jessicurl Gelebration Spray/Awe Inspiraling Spray

http://public.fotki.com/85MR2/ (PICS OF CG TRANSITION SO FAR) Need to update. No pics with the Jessicurl products yet, but I LOVE them!
  • BrittneyBuddyBrittneyBuddy Registered Users Posts: 59
    I CO wash everyday, and my hair loves it. It's not harmful to the hair so I say that if your hair likes it, go for it!
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    3a, fine hair, high density, normal porosity and elasicity
    Low poo: Coloresse Moisture Shampoo
    RO: GVPCB
    LI: KCKT
    Gel: KCCC
    DT: SMT with GVPCB
    PT: Cure Care Conditioner
    Sealant: Grapeseed oil
    Other useful things: Homemade spray gel (diluted LI, gel, and sealant)
    Love plopping and air drying!
    Hate blow drying (cept for my bangs which *gasp* I blow dry straight!)
  • Coco CurlsCoco Curls Registered Users Posts: 29
    I co-wash daily as well (well most days), and I think it's fine. Your hair needs moisture and if it doesn't feel over-conditioned or anything like that, you should stick to it. I've been CG for a while now, too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file