CurlTalk

Risotto

NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
I love risotto, but I've never cooked it myself. I would love to eat it more often, but standing by the stove for so long is impossible for me most of the time with two small children. Is there a faster way to make it?

Do any of you have any recipes? Cheese, veggies, meat, whatever, I'm willing to try it. :D
"...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg

Comments

• SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    You can make it in a pressure cooker if you have one.
    It doesn't take that long though, especially if you are all prepped beforehand. Thirty minutes or so, which isn't too bad.
    Risotto is really easy to make, promise. ;)
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    Thanks. :) Now I just need to find some arborio rice. Is there a brown rice that can be used?
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
  • SariaSaria Posts: 15,963Registered Users
    No brown rice for risotto. Well, you can make brown rice risotto style (I made some with Asiago) and it is delicious, but not made the way risotto is made, and not as creamy.
    Try carnaroli or vialone nano, otherwise arborio works as well.
    Pressure cooker risotto:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.seriouseats.com%2Frecipes%2F2010%2F01%2Frisotto-with-mushrooms-olives-and-leeks-recipe.html" class="Popup
    por-que-no-te-callas.jpg
  • JordaniaBabeJordaniaBabe Posts: 22Registered Users
    Have you ever tried the boxed risotto? I use a gluten-free brand, because my sister has a wheat intolerance, and it's almost exactly like making Rice-A-Roni. Just follow the directions on the box. I usually saute some onions and some type of protein (chicken or kielbasa normally) and then cook the risotto right on top of it in the same pan. Easy one pot meal, done!

I can't remember the brand name right now but I'm going grocery shopping tonight. As soon as I find it, I'll come back. :D
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    I've got a pasta-risotto recipe, if you're interested. No less prep time, though.
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    My last name is VERY close to Risotto :) People get it wrong all the time!
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users
    Now I'm curious!