I have a question about hi-lights

ththdththd Registered Users Posts: 306 Curl Novice
I will be going to get a root touch up for the first time since going CG, I wanted to know what I should do to stay CG at the stylist? Should I just take my own low-poo and conditioner? Will the low-poo be enough to wash the color/bleach out when she's done?

Please Please don't tell me not to color it because that's not an option. I started getting grey at the age of 27 and I'm 35 now and will not look in my 40's already. I used to color/bleach it all over along time ago so at least I do just do hi-lights on the top of my head, not all over. I get a partial.

Thanks for any advice!!!
Tresemme Botanical shampoo, Cantu No Poo, sometimes Suave Lavender or coconut cowash  
Tresemme Flawless curls gel, Herbal Essence Totally Twisted gel, Ecostyler gel (pink one)
Giovanni weightless leave-in
My hair hates Shea Moisture products 
Plopping makes my curls weird ;) 
I still use Tresemme Fine Mist hairspray for the side swept bangs...I can't live without it!
Curl Genie: Medium-fine texture, normal to high porosity, low elasticity, medium density

Comments

• pedahehpedaheh Registered Users Posts: 4,812 Curl Neophyte
    I will be going to get a root touch up for the first time since going CG, I wanted to know what I should do to stay CG at the stylist? Should I just take my own low-poo and conditioner? Will the low-poo be enough to wash the color/bleach out when she's done?
    I think most people here take all their own products, including styling products, to their stylist.
    I actually don't shampoo my hair at all when I dye it, I never have. I just use a heavy rinse out conditioner after. I'm fairly certain the boxes of color don't tell you to shampoo at all, so I don't think that step is necessary. I think a low poo will be more then enough.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • ththdththd Registered Users Posts: 306 Curl Novice
    Great!!! Thank you!!!
    Tresemme Botanical shampoo, Cantu No Poo, sometimes Suave Lavender or coconut cowash  
    Tresemme Flawless curls gel, Herbal Essence Totally Twisted gel, Ecostyler gel (pink one)
    Giovanni weightless leave-in
    My hair hates Shea Moisture products 
    Plopping makes my curls weird ;) 
    I still use Tresemme Fine Mist hairspray for the side swept bangs...I can't live without it!
    Curl Genie: Medium-fine texture, normal to high porosity, low elasticity, medium density

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file