genes, hormones, lifestyle... i want my curls back

alemyokimisalemyokimis Registered Users Posts: 1
This is my first post here in nc.com so first of all hi everyone.

I guess I'll start with a short history of my hair:

0-2: red 3b
2-14: dark brown (really) straight
14-20: brown/red 3a
20-23: light brown/blondish 2b/2c winter/summer

My curls seem to be getting less and less as I get older. I suppose it has a lot to do with the physiological changes in my body, smoking, drinking, stress etc... but this is a change that I would like to avoid as long as possible since I really like(d) my curls.

I understand that (not) using certain products helps but will it ever be possible to regain the same hair I once had? Are there any similar success stories?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

ps: i attached two pictures of myself; one taken 3-4 years ago and one recent shot.

Comments

• CurlLeeCurlLee Registered Users Posts: 221
    like you said, much of the changes in your hair curl pattern are just the result of aging. for some, their hair gets curlier and for some it becomes wavier or straighter. that just happens i guess...

you hair seems to have a slight wave to it and just a little bit curlier on top of your head. you can try enhancing the waves you do have with products. moisture rich conditoners and shampoos. there are other products for moisture, hold etc. we have different patterns and texture, so i don't know if i could help you with specfic products, outside of conditoners.

if the picture on the right is the recent one. then i don't think that that type of hair cut is good for your curl type if you want to ya know, show it off (even though i think it is cool). since you have such a loose wave pattern.
    3b here 4a there 3c everywhere
    talk about a mix up :toothy10:

elevator doors open...

random girl: ohhh, you have curly hair

elevator doors begins to close...

random girl's friend:i think he knows that already

elevator doors close...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file